This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's cold...

It's dark and dismal. The rain froze over last night. Windchill is in the negatives.

Sounds like chili-making weather to me!
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Quoth Nurian View Post
    It's dark and dismal. The rain froze over last night. Windchill is in the negatives.

You're right, it's absolutely dismal outside.

And chili is a fantastic idea! Hmm, may have to consider that.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Nurian, where are u?!

That sounds horrible...though I wouldnt say no to a bowl of Chili.

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post

Rob is just finishing up installing my new toy and I am impatiently awaiging the first cold snap so I can start playing with it .... I have a bakers stone for the bottom shelf, and a brand new dutch oven and tea kettle for on top, and a new casserole for inside ... and a new bakers peel. Unfortunately the house is so small it has to be fairly cold to start a fire or it turns into a sauna in here.

it is replacing this piece if ancient crap.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Lucky for us, we're still in shorts-wearing weather here. It would be so cool if it stayed like this, but it probably won't.

Chili sounds like a good idea, though. It's never too warm for a nice bowl of chili.

Man. I WANT that stove. That is beyond nice!

Comment

You won't be hearing any whining from any WI CSers recently.

Granted, I'd love for it to be 85 degrees and not a cloud in the sky, but I will take this 40-50 degree during the day stuff. It's not bad at all. Way nicer than last November, and a real treat for what Mother Nature did to us in October.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              Nurian, where are u?!
              We're both in Eastern Kansas.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

damn. looks like canned chili for me.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Actually it's been in the 60's for a week-and-a-half. Got near 70 a couple days ago. I'm really glad we're gonna save a ton of money on heating bills, probably close to a hundred dollars less than last year at this time.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                    We're both in Eastern Kansas.
                    Really?

It kinda sounded like he was stranded on some Arctic island...

Hope the chili was good.

Comment

52 degrees here in Jersey
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        You won't be hearing any whining from any WI CSers recently.

Granted, I'd love for it to be 85 degrees and not a cloud in the sky, but I will take this 40-50 degree during the day stuff. It's not bad at all. Way nicer than last November, and a real treat for what Mother Nature did to us in October.
                        Yeah I will agree with that Blas. the last 2 weekends have been beautiful. and I hate to say I got an early start with the outside Christmas light and whatnot.

I am glad right now there is NOT snow on the ground but alas we Wisconsiners know that the inebitable will happen shortly.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'm in heaven as well, but getting really sick and tired of all the hunters and outdoorsy types around here bitching that the mild weather is ruining their hunting and weather like this delays their snowmobiling and skiing.

And snow and cold ruin my travel, they make getting to work difficult, they ruin any kind of outdoor activities, and they make planning stuff nearly impossible because you never know when Frosty is going to get his snow boner on.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I haven't been able to make my chili yet. I have to make sure I get the right ingredients, have the right time to make it and the right time to devote to making it.

And those last two are not a typo. When I make it, I'm there almost the whole time, tasting, reworking, and adding to make sure it's just tight
                            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Sound good, Mom did a glazed ham with black current jelly ( I think that's what she said) and ham hocks with black beans and rice and scalloped potatoes.

Time for some real comfort food.
                              Meeeeoooow.....
                              Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Working...
                              X