This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Movie Quotes Quiz

I came across a quiz earlier today, and I scored 100%. I took some of the questions from that quiz and added a few of my own.
    The Rules are easy.
    Give the name of the movie character who said the line as well as the name of the movie for a full 2 points.

Name of the character is worth 1 point

Movie name only is worth 1 point

QUIZ

1. "'What if Christmas,' he thought, 'doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?'"

2. "Rats. Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren't a holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?"

3. "Aunt Clara had, for years, laboured under the delusion that I was not only perpetually four years old, but also a girl."

4. "When the thermometer gets red, the temperature goes up, and when the temperature goes up, I start to melt, and when I melt, I get all wishy-washy."

5. "She said I'm cute! I'm cute! I'm cuuuuuuuuute!"

6. "I see an empty place at this table. I see a crutch without an owner, carefully preserved. If these shadows remain unaltered by the future, the child will die."

7. "We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup"?

8. "Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

9. "Look, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.'"

10. "Toys are hereby declared illegal, immoral, unlawful AND anyone found with a toy in his possession will be placed under arrest and thrown in the dungeon. No kidding!"

11. "I'm gonna give you a little advice Claire. Scrape 'em off. You wanna save somebody? Save yourself."

12. "Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus."

13. "This is *Christmas*. The season of perpetual hope. And I don't care if I have to get out on your runway and hitchhike. If it costs me everything I own, if I have to sell my soul to the devil himself, I am going to get home to my son."

14. "What has Beethoven got to do with Christmas? Everyone talks about how "great" Beethoven was. Beethoven wasn't so great."

15. "I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!"

16. "I don't know what to say, except it's Christmas and we're all in misery."

17. "You stink. You smell like beef and cheese! You don't smell like Santa."

18. "You see, he was made out of Christmas snow and Christmas snow can never disappear completely. It sometimes goes away for almost a year at a time and takes the form of spring and summer rain. But you can bet your boots that when a good, jolly December wind kisses it, it will turn into Christmas snow all over again."

19. "Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to. Don't you see? It's not just Kris that's on trial, it's everything he stands for. It's kindness and joy and love and all the other intangibles."

20. "Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

2. Isn't that Charlie Brown from his Christmas Special?
    4. Frosty in Frosty the Snowman
    6. Don't know who said it, probably Ghost of Christmas to Come (or whatever he's called) in Scrooge.
    7. Buddy in Elf
    14. Not sure from Charlie Brown Christmas Special...I think.
    15. Ralphie in A Christmas Story
    17. Buddy in Elf
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
      1. "'What if Christmas,' he thought, 'doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?'"
      Narrator - Boris Karloff - How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Quoth Ree View Post
      2. "Rats. Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren't a holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?"
      Charlie Brown - A Charlie Brown Christmas

Quoth Ree View Post
      6. "I see an empty place at this table. I see a crutch without an owner, carefully preserved. If these shadows remain unaltered by the future, the child will die."
      Not sure which film version, but it's the Ghost of Christmas Present from A Christmas Carol

Quoth Ree View Post
      9. "Look, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.'"
      One of the kids, It's a Wonderful Life

Quoth Ree View Post
      10. "Toys are hereby declared illegal, immoral, unlawful AND anyone found with a toy in his possession will be placed under arrest and thrown in the dungeon. No kidding!"
      Err...mean, nasty mayor guy, Santa Claus is Coming to Town (I think)

Quoth Ree View Post
      13. "This is *Christmas*. The season of perpetual hope. And I don't care if I have to get out on your runway and hitchhike. If it costs me everything I own, if I have to sell my soul to the devil himself, I am going to get home to my son."
      The mom, Home Alone

Quoth Ree View Post
      14. "What has Beethoven got to do with Christmas? Everyone talks about how "great" Beethoven was. Beethoven wasn't so great."
      Lucy (to Schroeder) - A Charlie Brown Christmas

Why yes, I do love Christmas movies!

If I were to add one (if I may, it's my favorite!) - "Christmas. It's not the getting. It's not the giving. It's the loving."
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post

If I were to add one (if I may, it's my favorite!) - "Christmas. It's not the getting. It's not the giving. It's the loving."
        Garfield - A Garfield Christmas

Greenday gets 11 points out of 40
        Quoth Greenday View Post
        2. Isn't that Charlie Brown from his Christmas Special? 1.5 points. Right character, but not the actual name of the show. It's close so you get a half point.
        4. Frosty in Frosty the Snowman 2 points
        6. Don't know who said it, probably Ghost of Christmas to Come (or whatever he's called) in Scrooge. 1 point - wrong character, but technically the right movie
        7. Buddy in Elf 2 points
        14. Not sure from Charlie Brown Christmas Special...I think. .5 points - no character, and, again, not the actual name of the show, but close
        15. Ralphie in A Christmas Story 2 points
        17. Buddy in Elf 2 points
        AdminAssistant gets 13.5 points out of 40
        Narrator - Boris Karloff - How the Grinch Stole Christmas 2 points. (Would also give points if it was attributed to the Grinch, as the narrator is voicing the Grinch's thoughts.)
        Charlie Brown - A Charlie Brown Christmas 2 points
        Not sure which film version, but it's the Ghost of Christmas Present from A Christmas Carol 2 points
        One of the kids, It's a Wonderful Life 1.5 points - Need the child's name
        Err...mean, nasty mayor guy, Santa Claus is Coming to Town (I think) 2 points. Even though you didn't know the name of the mayor, that was pretty good.
        The mom, Home Alone 2 points. The Mom's name would have been good, but I'll accept that answer.
        Lucy (to Schroeder) - A Charlie Brown Christmas 2 points
        Last edited by Ree; 12-12-2009, 06:28 PM.

Comment

QUIZ

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Narrator
          2. A Charlie Brown Christmas - Charlie Brown
          3. A Christmas Story - Ralphie (as narrator)?
          4. Frosty the Snowman - Frosty
          5. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - Rudolph
          6. A Christmas Carol - Ghost of Christmas Future (I know this from the book, not the movie )
          9. It's a Wonderful Life - Zuzu
          14. A Charlie Brown Christmas - Lucy
          15. A Christmas Story - Ralphie (as kid)
          18. Frosty the Snowman - Narrator?
          19. Miracle on 34th Street - ?
          20. It's a Wonderful Life - Clarence?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            6. A Christmas Carol - Ghost of Christmas Future (I know this from the book, not the movie )
            Guys, not to rain on y'all's parade, but it IS the Ghost of Christmas Present. Ghost of Christmas Future doesn't say anything, not in the book or in any of the film versions I've seen.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Guys, not to rain on y'all's parade, but it IS the Ghost of Christmas Present. Ghost of Christmas Future doesn't say anything, not in the book or in any of the film versions I've seen.
              She's right... and I have seen the movie, too...(the Patrick Stewart version...and the Mickey Mouse version).

It's also the Ghost of "Christmas Yet to Come"...not Future.
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-12-2009, 08:55 PM. Reason: .
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ghost of Christmas Future doesn't say anything, not in the book or in any of the film versions I've seen.
                Yep. That's true.

BookstoreEscapee gets 21 points out of 40
                Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Narrator 2 points
                2. A Charlie Brown Christmas - Charlie Brown 2 points
                3. A Christmas Story - Ralphie (as narrator)?2 points You're correct that it's the narrator, but he is speaking as the grown up Ralphie.
                4. Frosty the Snowman - Frosty 2 points
                5. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - Rudolph 2 points
                6. A Christmas Carol - Ghost of Christmas Future (I know this from the book, not the movie ) 1 point As AdminAssistant said, The Ghost of Christmas Future never speaks...in the book or the movie ...and you're also correct that it's "The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come"
                9. It's a Wonderful Life - Zuzu 2 points
                14. A Charlie Brown Christmas - Lucy 2 points
                15. A Christmas Story - Ralphie (as kid) 2 points
                18. Frosty the Snowman - Narrator? 1 point Wrong character
                19. Miracle on 34th Street - ? 1 point No character
                20. It's a Wonderful Life - Clarence? 2 points
                Last edited by Ree; 12-12-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

11 is from Scrooged. I can't remember the guys real name, but Claire called him Lumpy.

Comment

Quoth crazyofficeclerk View Post
                    11 is from Scrooged. I can't remember the guys real name, but Claire called him Lumpy.
                    Hmmm...I'll give you the 2 points. That was his nickname. Definitely the right movie.

Comment

8. Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation
                      16. Mrs Griswold in Christmas Vacation

My daughter's and my favorite Christmas movie
                      "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

4 points to freeatlast
                        Quoth freeatlast View Post
                        8. Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation 2 points
                        16. Mrs Griswold in Christmas Vacation 2 points (Her name is Ellen, just for a bit of trivia.

Comment

Working...
                        X