This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This One Had the Police Called on Him

This happened at the coin shop where my husband, Mr. Dips works.

A guy came in to sell some stuff. The person who handled the sale was a very nice woman named Barb.

Per procedure she has to check ID for some sales. The guy get nasty right away, declared he didn't have one and basically acted like that was HER problem.

After a little back and forth he finally produced a passport. It was somewhat faded but she checked with the owner (who was working in the back area) and he OK'd it.

So she cut a check made out to the name and address on the passport, gave it to the guy and told him to check to be sure it was correct, since the passport was hard to read. The SC just snatched it from her and stormed out.

About 20 minutes later he stormed back in because when he went to deposit the check his name was wrong and the bank wouldn't take it. Barb was trying to calm him down and tell him she'd issue a new check.

Finally the boss asked Mr. Dips (who had witnessed all of this) what all the ruckus was about. Mr. Dips filled him in and told him it was the guy with the faded passport he had checked about half an hour ago.

The boss has a very low tolerence for bullshit. So he went up front and basically told the guy to knock it off. That if he had brought his license or *looked* at the check before leaving, this wouldn't even be an issue.

The guy responded, "I didn't ask you to come up here. I'm dealing with [pointing] her, not you. You can leave now."

Oh, boy.

The boss grabbed the check from the guy. Slammed the guys stuff on the counter, and told him to take it and leave.

Surprisingly, the guy did just that. I guess he was either too shocked to argue or didn't like his chances.

Nevetheless the boss called the police (they had the guy's name and address) because he was worried the items might be stolen AND the guy was driving around without a license.

The police came and took a report. The items weren't reported stolen, nor did the guy have a record. The license thing was not a big deal either. Since the guy actually HAD a license (just not on him) it's not a major offense to drive without it. But they said they would keep an eye out on store for a few days since Barb was pretty frightened by him.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.
Working...
X