This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Complained About Coworker

Yesterday, a customer came up to the service desk wanting the manager. My coworker at the service desk explained that the manager was on break at the time but let the customer make the complaint.

It turned out that he went to a checkout line, asked the checker if she was open, and she didn't answer right away because she was talking on the phone. When she finally answered, she gave him an attitude which the customer didn't appreciate. The customer mentioned at the service desk that he was the customer and he shouldn't have been treated like that which was true. This is one customer complaint I was glad to hear since this is one of the coworkers that sometimes gives me an attitude when I ask her something or to do something.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Yesterday, a customer complained that the checker that served him was rude to him. I had to ask him which checker it was since the customer said the name of the assistant store director who wasn't in that day and the customer let me know which register the checker was in. The checker heard the complaint and mentioned after the customer left that he didn't feel like being nice to him. This happens to be the same checker who tells service desk employees to chill when he's told to do something.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
      It turned out that he went to a checkout line, asked the checker if she was open, and she didn't answer right away because she was talking on the phone.

Why is it that customers feel they can just interupt when a clerk is on the phone? This is one of my biggest pet peeves about SCs. It's not as if I'm chatting with my friends...I'm doing my job. Just wait you impatient, gravy sucking pigs! Gr-r-r-r-r!

Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
        Why is it that customers feel they can just interupt when a clerk is on the phone? This is one of my biggest pet peeves about SCs. It's not as if I'm chatting with my friends...I'm doing my job. Just wait you impatient, gravy sucking pigs! Gr-r-r-r-r!

They can stand in front of my counter, tap their fingers, point to their watch, or give me menacing looks, but if I was on a business-related call BEFORE they came in to the store, they are going to have to wait. The calls I deal with are rarely more than a few minutes long anyway.

Comment

Actually if you're on the phone, business related or not, you're supposed to take the customer. Otherwise they can call the corporate office of your store, and you can get fired. We've had complaints about people being on the phone before. We FINALLY had someone complain about my co-worker being on the phone while training me (I didn't know the answer to a question, so I had to turn to her, but she kept saying "wait wait") She finally got a write up and she rarely uses the phone anymore

Comment

Quoth mrsjfreak View Post
            Actually if you're on the phone, business related or not, you're supposed to take the customer.

Our store has no such policy. If I'm on the phone, it's usually with a customer or for a customer. The SC trying to interupt WILL wait his/her turn...just like everybody else. They can call corporate all they want. I'm just doing my job. If corporate wanted someone who deals with the phones only, then they would hire a receptionist to field all these calls. (One can dream.)

My phone(s) ring non-stop some days. There are times when I have 3 of them on my back pockets. If I don't answer in a timely fashion it transfers to the manager in charge. Then I get reamed for not answering the phone(s).
            Retail Haiku:
            Depression sets in.
            The hellhole is calling me ~
            I don't want to go.

Comment

At my place of employment, phonecalls that start before the guest walks up do take precident, people have to wait their turn.

If its a personal call its ended before they even reach the desk, it is business and theres no one else around I give them a quick "I will be with you as soon as possible" and get back to the conversation... so as to end it as soon as possible.

But my particular workplace is not the same as a supermarket...
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

If the customer enters the store and walks to the counter as the phone is ringing, I will take the customer, but if I was on the call when he or she came in, they can wait a few minutes. I would be stunned if I got fired for being on the phone when a customer came into the store. Like I said my calls don't usually take long anyway.

Comment

The only person to call my store, is the main owner, when he is not there, and he usually calls about every 15 - 30 minutes. Then he doesn't understand, that we have someone in there, to actually end the call.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I guess there's a very fine line which customer comes first because where I work, I've been told they are equally important. So in essence they're telling me I have to help both customers at the same time. Yeah, that should work.

Comment

Heh heh. My store's policy is the same AZangel. Cept, most of the time, my duo-tasking, as I like to call it, requires me to do things in two different languages at the same time, because of my locationa nd the demographics here in SOUTH florida.

Comment

Actually, I was always taught that "the customer in front of you can see that you're on the phone; but the customer on the phone cannot see the one in front of you."

If you're conducting business on the phone, the twerp tapping his fingers and pointedly looking at his watch can go cut bait.

-Buhmule
                        Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to
                        test a man's character, give him power.
                        Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)
                        -BuhMule
                        Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to
                        test a man's character, give him power.
                        Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

Comment

I've notice that customers that complain about rude staff are usually the rudest people themselves. Last week a mother of pre-teens went off about a s/a and how she had given attitude (ie rolled her eyes). The s/a was 15 had only been trained 2 weeks ago and was nearly at the end of a four hour shift. The customer made a written complaint about this girl and all because she rolled her eyes, how very mean of her. Maybe the customer needs to up her medication.

Comment

It turned out that he went to a checkout line, asked the checker if she was open
                            I'm sorry, but this has to be the most assinine question ever asked by a customer.

Would I be behind the cash register if I wasn't open? Open your eyes for god's sake!!!!

I have actually had people approach my checkout while I was counting out change to another customer and ask me if I was open....uh, well, there is a customer in front of you and I'm handing them their receipt and change. What do you think???
                            The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

I've gotten that too. I just want to say, "No, I'm wearing this uniform for fun and sitting behind this till for kicks." Use your common sense, people!

If I'm just sitting there twiddling my thumbs then yes, I might just be waiting to send my money up, but there is always a sign so look for the sign before you speak!
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X