This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was in tears.

A man came in today at around 8:40 am. He asks if its 9 yet.

ME: No, not for another 20 minutes.
    MAN: Damn it! *He leaves, and is walking around outside back and forth muttering*

I deal with another customer who buys a 12 pack of beer and leaves.

MAN: *storms back in* Its 9!?

ME: Um, no. Not for another 20 minutes....

MAN: I thought you cant buy beer until 9 am on Sunday?

ME: No.... beer can be bought from 7:00 am until 2:30 am in Oregon. In some small neighborhoods you might not be able, but it depends on that area.

ME: .... I thougt... for the past ten years that I can't buy beer until 9 on Sunday. This makes me so happy.

He then proceeded to buy a bunch of cheap beer. He was sniffling. A big happy smile. It was so strange to see a customer generally happy and not attempting to belittle me.

MAN: "Thank you. I will never wait until 9 on sunday to buy beer again. I will be here at 7.

ME: ...ok.....?

MAN: *Leaves, with a smal song in his voice as he skips to drink his beer*
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Wow, someone seriously needed a booze fix.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Maybe he works the overnight shift somewhere. Looking in the COC forum, I might be desperate by then in that situation (if booze was my relaxer of choice, anyway).
      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
      X