This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager did nicest thing for me...

So, I dropped by the mall on Monday...cause I was off and I had lots of shopping left to do. Naturally, I dropped into my store to say hello to everyone. I head into the back room to grab some shipping boxes to wrap presents, when I run into my Store Manager. I say hello...and then he says, "Oh! I just want you to know..."
    I'm like . He goes on, "Well, first, I don't know how this goes with your normal schedule, but I gave you a sh*tload of hours next week...and, I wanted to do something for you to thank you for all the work you do around here. I really appreciate you working so hard, covering for others on your days off, etc. etc. So, I gave you all your hours, but I also gave you Saturday the 23rd off." (I pretty much ALWAYS work weekends, unless I specifically request off, and then I normally lose the day, don't get scheduled for another one). "So, you didn't lose any hours, and normally I would have you closing on Saturday...and it being the 23rd and we're open til midnight I thought that would be a great day for you NOT to deal with being here." We chat some more about mall hours and work- I mention last year and bring up Christmas Eve... he pipes up- "Oh yea, that's right. You mentioned you could work 10-3 or something like that? Well, take Christmas Eve off, too. Enjoy your three day weekend." Me... Couldn't thank my manager enough...still can't think of any way to!!!

Seriously, the most thoughtful SM I've dealt with.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

To make things even better, I talked to my SM today, and he gave me the 26th off, too!!!!
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

My manager is like that. He's awesome.
      Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.

Comment

Good to know there's more than one thoughtful SM out there.

Comment

Working...
        X