This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnes and Noble Booksellers

I wanted to write a note for the B&N near me about how wonderful their staff was last weekend when I was in the store. Should I send it to the store itself? Is there a place that I could send an e-mail to? Find out who the store director is?
    Any suggestions? Then again, I can always call the store tomorrow during business hours...

I suppose, if you have any Christmas cards left over, that you could write one to them and drop it off at some point addressed to the entire staff....

Comment

Maybe get the address of the actual store itself and mail it to there? I'm not quite sure...

Comment

the thread that made me register

As an escapee of a branch of said bookstore, I had to reply to your question. Absolutely, get the address of the store (it should be at the top of your receipt) and send the manager a note. You can call for the person's name or just address it to the Store Manager. Tell them all about the goodness of their employees. Most likely they will post it for the staff to read and it will make their day. Trust me on this. If you can get names of the employee(s) who helped you, so much the better. They'll love it. ps I've been lurking for the last few weeks and I registered just to post this message
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When I get exceptional service, I always always always write a note and address it to the manager (Barnes and Noble, ATTN Manager or something like that). You never know which stores have "rewards" policies...the cashier could get like a small gift card or something.

Lately I have been keeping some $5 Starbucks gift cards on hand...I just mailed one with a "thank you" to the awesome guy that helped out on some banking matters. He totally rocked...I wanted to buy him a cuppa joe!

Comment

*g* well it wasn't just one employee...it was all of them!

That place was PACKED with shoppers. Yet, everything was clean and neat, when I needed to ask a question or directions it was really easy to find someone to ask. I even went up to the coffee shop to get a hot chocolate while my husband finished his browsing, and while the line was long, it moved quickly, and you could tell that the team behind the counter was a TEAM. They all worked very efficiently together. Even though I didn't find what I was looking for, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Comment

Maevis...there is some GOOD managin' goin' on at that store, if you were able to find educated staff who worked together. Definitely worth a note of thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X