This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I now officially have a zoo.

Got a call from the daughter of a friend of a friend of a friend yesterday morning.

She decided that she wanted a pet. She is 18 and lives with her parents. She brought pet home. Her dad said "Get it out of my house." She called friend. Friend called other friend. That friend called me. "PLEASE????" Hmph... *sigh* Ok. Can do. Bring it over.

I now have 10 roommates (5 of them children), 4 kids of my own, a husband, a huge dog, 3 cats, a rat (was 2, but Cupcake passed away), a cornsnake, a beta... and now we have...

A ferret!

Her name, for now, is Baby. She's 9 months old and is a cutie-pie.

Yay for having a zoo!
    Attached Files
    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

So you've moved up from a funny farm, then?

Cute newcomer.
    Make a list of important things to do today.
    At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
    Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Funny farm? Nah. All my friends call my place "The Crazy House of Crazy". They love it here. And all the kids in the neighborhood know that this is a good/safe place to hang out after school/on weekends. The fact that I have so many animals just makes it even better, according to them.

And any animal that's fostered here is quickly trained out of food aggression and fear of small children. No dog or cat that comes from my home has ever bitten and most will let a child do practically anything with them. Up to and including using them as teething toys. It's cute.

Comment

SQUEE!!! She is so cute! Hope you all enjoy her, just be careful with her around your snake....I think the rat can hold its own, but ferrets are related to the mongoose, so they will go after a snake given the chance ^_^ I wish I could snuggle her!
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

They're on different floors and our snake is tiny and not allowed to roam around outside his tank. He likes to be held occasionally, though.

Baby is currently adjusting to the scents and sounds of the house (with about 2-3 hours of playing with humans time), so she won't be out of her cage without strict adult supervision for a while.

And all you have to do to snuggle the cuteness is make your way to Lacey, WA, USA. ^_^

Comment

Quoth NotSoInnocent View Post

And all you have to do to snuggle the cuteness is make your way to Lacey, WA, USA. ^_^
            Shame on you! Tempting me with a six hour drive! Now I have all sorts of grand notions of rode trips and hauling Watson across WA. lol. ^_^
            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
            -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
              Shame on you! Tempting me with a six hour drive! Now I have all sorts of grand notions of rode trips and hauling Watson across WA. lol. ^_^
              Bwahahaha... I iz an ebil genius.

Comment

Got a call from the daughter of a friend of a friend of a friend yesterday morning.
                Shame on her for not talking with her parents first. Their house, their rules. That's just the way it is so she owes her parents and you an apology for this. I know you like the little critter but that still isn't fair to the critter.

I went through the same thing with my little dog Carmen. *cuddles dog*
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth NotSoInnocent View Post
                  He likes to be held occasionally, though.
                  Don't we all?
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                  X