This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a month at work it's been.

I've finally gotten used to the more physical nature of my new job, and it doesn't exhaust me after a half an hour anymore.

But some rather notable events have happened this week.

More then a few people assume that if you're doing something in a section (toys, sports, clothing etc) that you are the one who is in charge of that section. Even if the something you are doing is walking through it/by it, or pulling a load of empty boxes through it.

Then there's the fire alarm. Had several tests, which are clearly, as they give a very obvious, and loud, warnings, exclaiming that they are just that - tests. One time wasn't. I asked someone who had been there a little longer then me (not sure how much longer.) She said it was 'just a test.' My response: O_o no, it isn't. I've heard 3 different tests in the last 2 weeks. The fire department ended up coming. I'm guessing it was a false alarm though, as nothing further came of it.

Then there's the ASM. Most confusing and annoying person I've ever had the 'pleasure' to work with. Several times, I and the group I usually work with, have been told, either by her, or another manager, whoever was 'in charge' of us at the time, to do a certain task. But, and this has happened more then once, and to a lot of other people, she'll, even after telling a person to do task (A), ask what they're doing, and tell them to do (B) instead.

For example: One manager told us to break down the pallets of boxes on the far side of the delivery area/backdock, which we did. ASM comes in, and sees this. Tells two of our 4-group to go and empty the cage that we'd loaded. Fair enough, makes more room for us. Leaves two left. Tells the one left with me to go and get another, empty cage to fill.

This is the confusing bit: while she was bringing the empty cage around from the other side of the back dock section, the ASM asked her why she was doing so (because you asked her to??), and said to break down the pallets where she got the cage from.

How long had gone by between asking her to get the cage? At most, a minute and a half.. Talk about short term memory...

And then there's the 8 hour shift I got called in for that left me
    Last edited by Sir Spaniard the 12th; 12-26-2006, 06:07 AM. Reason: Spelling
    3 Basic rules for ordering food.
    - Order from the menu.
    - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
    - Don't talk about Fight Club.

And today the assistant manager tells us we can't shift stock around to make room for other stock, after the boss has just told us we can't have any excess stock (meaning any stock we pull out from the back, has to be shelved. No ifs, buts, or maybes.
    3 Basic rules for ordering food.
    - Order from the menu.
    - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
    - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Working...
    X