X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress..... Level......Rising......

RAWRRGGGHHHHH!!

I feel better, anywho let me share!

We get a call from some weird 866 number (I usually ignore those but hubby picked it up). Its an automated system, telling us were behind on our car payment....by $6,000....

So, I immediate think "Oh, Ballon Payment".

Heres some background. We bought our car in 2006 (A new Saturn Ion) from who else, but Saturn. They did this thing where they financed the bulk of the car for the first 4 years, but left about 1/3 of the total price off the financing. This keeps the monthly payment lower. Then at the end of the 4 yrs you can either pay the rest of the amt owed (in our case the 6k), or you can refinance that amount at the same interest rate and it ends up in a lower payment./BG

So, mind you, we've gotten absolutely NO correspondence telling us anything and of course Saturn has gone kaput. If they were still here, i know this wouldnt have been overlooked. So hubby talks to the girl who asks if we're calling to make the payment in full . Lol. If theyd have seen out bank acct they'd know that was a dumb question.

But basically, she couldnt answer simple questions like: Were there any bills or correspondence sent to us from them? Were they aware of the terms of their own contract? What could she tell us about the refinancing option we were supposed to have received? . She was going to put in a request to the refi dept on our behalf and we should be receiving papers shortly.

So, after she hangs up, theres a mad dash by me and hubby to look for our car contract and of course, we cant find it. I can find receipts from my wedding almost 7 YEARS AGO..but i cant find this car contract from just 4 years ago. We have the car receipt and the car shop records but not the contract of course.

I guess the balloon payment wasnt a surprise, after all, they told me 4 years ago. But common sense would dictate something else would have been in the mail or something b/c the contract had to be redone. /sigh

If our car gets repo'd im going to be PISSSSED!

Were you talking to the company, or a collection agency? It sounds almost scammy. Agree to nothing until they send you a copy of the contract you signed. If they can't produce the contract, it essentially doesn't exist.

You can just call them and ask them to correct the "default payment" listing with the credit bureaus. Or like someone posted in your other thread, dispute it on all 3 agency sites (this is free, you dont have to pay for a credit report to dispute something. Only experian makes you do that and I might have overlooked the free option).
    Last edited by Whiskey; 10-20-2010, 08:40 PM.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

This was with the actual company.

We did call them today..they have to "investigate". Never mind the actual refi contract was signed in May and my credit report lists the default in June.....assholes.

The company and all 3 credit bureaus were called today. Two were really helpful and one sounded like he didnt believe us. Each can take a full 30 days to also "investigate".

So maybe...if Im lucky...In 60 days, it MIGHT be off my (and husbands) reports.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        The company and all 3 credit bureaus were called today. Two were really helpful and one sounded like he didnt believe us. Each can take a full 30 days to also "investigate".

So maybe...if Im lucky...In 60 days, it MIGHT be off my (and husbands) reports.
        30-45 days to investigate. They have to give the company 30 days to respond, I'm assuming the other 15 days is to process everything. If its legit, it shouldn't take that long. The one that sounded like he didn't believe you worked for Experian, didnt he? lol

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          The one that sounded like he didn't believe you worked for Experian, didnt he? lol
          Seriously....YES!!

WTF?

Eating psychic cheerios?

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            Seriously....YES!!

WTF?

Eating psychic cheerios?
            Experian is a bunch of assholes all around.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
              Experian is a bunch of assholes all around.
              Pretty much that.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X