This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nancy's" & "Missy's" viewpoints regarding free parking

"Nancy" & "Missy" have different viewpoints regarding free parking.

An example:

Several weeks ago 2 guys in a car drove up to the Visitor parking booth window. The drive told me they were here to get information. I informed them of the $5.00 parking fee & that no matter how long they were here, the parking fee is $5.00. I also told them they could park at the metered lot across the street. They chose to park in Visitor parking. Several minutes later the phone inside the booth rings. It was the driver who I dealt with earlier. He told me he was at the wrong bldg. & then he said "could you raise the exit gate for me". I told him I could not do that, that there are 6 signs stating Visitor parking is $5.00, & that he has to pay for his parking. I hung up the phone. He would not back up. Several minutes later he was still at the exit gate. So I called the Parking office. "Nancy" answered the phone. I told her why I was calling. Several minutes later the phone inside the booth rings. It is the guy at the exit gate wanting to exit for free. So I transfer the call to the Parking office. "Missy" answers the phone. I tell why I am calling. Several minutes later "Nancy" comes down to the Vistor parking garage. I also notice that the exit gate is up. "Nancy" speaks to him, & he exits. She comes to the Visitor parking booth & asks me if he told me 1) where he went to & 2) who he spoke to. I told her no. She then told me 1) that she told him no matter how long he was here he has to pay for his parking & 2) that there are 6 signs stating the parking fee.

Then yesterday a female customer drove up to the Visitor parking booth & told me she was going to the Registrars office. "Nancy" was off yesterday. I informed her of the $5.00 parking fee. She told me that was crazy, & so I told her she could also park at the metered lot. She chose to parking in Visitor parking. Several minutes later the phone inside the Visitor parking booth rings. It is the girl I dealth with earlier. She tells me she was here less than 2 minutes (which was not possible) & to please raise the exit gate. I inform her that she was here for more than 2 minutes, that I am not allowed to raise the exit gate, & that she has to pay for her parking. I hang up the phone. She backs up. Several minutes later "Missy" calls me & tells me to raise the exit gate for her.

From now on if anyone tells me "1) I was not here too long or 2) I was only here for x number of minutes, 3) can I get free parking or 4) can you raise the exit gate for me, I will send them to the Parking office.

Sounds like a plan. My head hurts at how many people think they are above paying, especially when you tell them before they enter. In those cases, I'd just call the cops if they don't move. Too bad there is NEVER a serious penalty from them stealing (and refusing to pay is just that).
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
    X