Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You steal from us and expect us to be NICE to you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You steal from us and expect us to be NICE to you?

So, this lady couldn't get cashed out at a regular register or one of our SCOs because she was a drive-off at our gas station. (I.E.-- she scanned her card, pumped her gas, and didn't pay for it. Not quite sure how she managed that, since I think it's a pre-pay system, but anyway.)

I'm walking past as I return from my break, since MOD EC needs to speak to me, and EC (also our LPM) is cashing out the Drive-Off Lady's purchases. Even before I get up there, I can see that DOL is not happy. EC hands DOL her receipt, after writing something on it and explaining something else to DOL. (Probably what she can do now to deal with any ticket or other legal problems she may have accrued due to her drive-off.)

As DOL leaves, EC shakes her head, and says to me, "She thought I needed to be nicer to her." Then EC explains what DOL had done.

J2K: "Yeah. You steal from us and expect us to be nice to you?"
    EC: "Exactly."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Ah. Isn't that always the way with shoplifters? We didn't stop you because you were stealing, we obviously did it because you're insert race/belief/dress/male/female/we're just dicks/etc.

I hope she's banned!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Could she have thought she paid?

Comment

But she would have learned the truth sometime, perhaps whenever she checked her bank account next?
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I've seen a lady we caught stealing literally cry to the cop about how we were mean to hear and embarrassed her. Yeah, you tried to steal a cart full of diapers and baby formula. No sympathy.

A local supermarket chain has pumps with a "pay inside" button you can press that will let you pump first and pay at the attendant booth. That's the only place I have seen that in my area though everyone else is pre-pay only.

Comment

Quoth casey13 View Post
            Could she have thought she paid?
            This is my thought too...

Where I live, we have a great convenience store chain. About a year ago now, they stopped all post pay pumping on the petrol and now you either have to pay before you pump, pay by credit, or get one of their nifty little cards that is attached to your address and drivers license that you scan in the card reader before you pump gas and go in and pay for that and anything else you need.

Well recently, I was coming home from work and apparently forgot to pay for my petrol after getting food. I got a letter in the mail about it saying to call them. The lady on the phone said I drove off without paying and owed xxx amount of money before I could use my pump card again. I went through my receipts and said I must have forgotten about it when I got food. She said no worries and it happens quite a bit. Just take the card in next time I'm there and pay what is owed on the card and it will work again.

Wasn't an intentional drive off and I paid for it with no problems.
            Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

I'm fairly sure that DOL probably WAS an accidental drive-off, but we honestly can't ever be sure. (People, after all, are liars.)

Regardless, however, you stole from us-- however inadvertently it might have been-- and in my book, that waives you the right to polite service.

(Note-- I don't mean to imply that they will get impolite service, just that it means we don't necessarily have to be polite to them.)
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

All the gas stations that I've been to let you pay after you've finished pumping...

Of course, they also probably have cameras trained on the car's front/rear, the footage from which would be neatly forwarded to the local constabulary should a drive-off occur...

YAY CANADA.
                *Ring* *Ring*
                M: *Workplace Name*, Ryan speaking.
                C: Hello Peter, is Ryan there?
                M: This is Ryan.

Comment

Quoth boxxertrumps View Post
                  All the gas stations that I've been to let you pay after you've finished pumping...

Of course, they also probably have cameras trained on the car's front/rear, the footage from which would be neatly forwarded to the local constabulary should a drive-off occur...

YAY CANADA.
                  Um, I lie to customers all the time about why I write down their plates, as an "extra measure", because I'm sure that if I told them I could flip the bird to the camera and they so old you wouldn't notice it, not to mention the fact we only seem to have cameras on the pumps we have clear view of from our registers and that the pumps on outside of the lot we can't see at all and that if I removed the plate form your car and held it up for the camera we still probably wouldn't be able to make sense of it. Also, we don't call the police because of people with warrents having been arrested and management not liking to work extra. However, if the cops are sitting in my lot at night if your dumb enough to drive off they will run you down for us, except idk people seem to act less dumb when cops are around
                  I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

I need more caffeine this morning LOL It took me a full ten minutes to puzzle out all the acronyms in the OP *ashamed*
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                    X