X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Tricks

Not necessarily stupid pet tricks.

BG: My grandma owns a gigantic moving furry cushion named Muffin. He's a British Shorthair.

Before my grandfather died, he taught the cat to shake hands.
    Now all we have to do whenever we see him is ask him "Do you want to shake hands?" He just lifts up the one paw and lets us shake it.

Is there anything funny/cute that your pets can do?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

My dog can show me the difference between his left and right foot.

If i ask him for his left paw he will raise his left paw and vice versa.

He can also play dead for a long time (I told him to play dead) and I left the room (forgetting that I did not give him the "ok" command to let him know he could move and I came back 10 minutes later and he was still in that position.

Ops

The only other thing he can do that is cute is he can dance in a circle.

Comment

My dog (okay, he lives with my parents) can:

"Sit pretty" - he'll sit up on his haunches (like in the pic). He has to do that before he gets a treat or dinner.

He'll also take your hand in his mouth and drag you to wherever he wants you to go, usually his food bowl or the door. If I'm there, I can pat my chest and he'll hop up on his back legs and put his forelegs on my arm....standing up he's almost as tall as I am!

We tried to get him to shake, but he hates anybody touching his paws.
      Attached Files
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

My cat, Miss Munchkin, invented fetch, but she only plays it when she wants to. She brings me a toy and I throw it for her to chase after. She runs and gets it, and brings it back for me to throw again... rinse and repeat til she's tired of chasing it. She taught the game to one of my room mate's cats, too.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

My dog/horse knows "RUN!" ^_^

Say that in the house and he'll start dancing and "talking" so that he can go out. Say it outside... and he takes off like a freight train at high speeds. He'll run in huge circles, tearing up dirt clods and grass as he makes his turns.

The dog can -run-!
          hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
          1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
          2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
          3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

I'm told it's fairly odd that my cat comes when I whistle. EVERY TIME. She also follows me to the bathroom every morning (and lord help me if I dare close the door before she's inside with me), hops up to the counter and head-butts me until I turn on the tap for her to drink. *sigh*

Thing is, if I dare close the door any time I go to the bathroom, she'll push it open (no lock, and the door doesn't latch properly). If I put my foot down to stop the door opening, she'll yowl until I let her in, and then if I close the door behind her, she'll yowl until I let her out again.

Okay, it's not a trick, just a weird thing my cat does.
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Hetfield comes to tell me when he thinks it's bedtime.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My cat Merlin will ask for belly rubs. He'll lay on his back by my computer chair, and if I don't notice immediately, he'll tap my ankle to get my attention.

Comment

My cats play deaf. They're really good at it.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

One of my cats, Midnight, will come when called. My other cat, Ming Yue, will come up on the couch when told it's okay and will then promptly plop down on my leg and sleep. My parent's dog, Ginger, is able to tell us which treat she wants by sniffing each one then taking the one she wants. Midnight and Ming Yue have me trained with a trick...they wake me up at 4am every morning for noms.

Comment

When they were younger, we used to call our two cats "living alarm clocks."

Reason why was because if someone else wasn't up yet, they'd sit outside the bedroom door and meow their heads off until that person got up. Alternately, either mum or myself would wake my little sister up by dumping one of the cats on top of her.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Danny can high-five and shake hands, and most of the time can differentiate between right and left. He also likes hugs, both being hugged/squished and giving some pretty impressive hugs. He hugs by standing on his hindlegs, putting his paws over the persons shoulders, bussing them on each cheek with a closed mouth then hopping down and squeezing between their legs to 'prove' that he's not trying to dominate them.
                        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I have 3 indoor guinea pigs who have self trained themselves ...

If they hear the fridge door open, they come running and squeaking because they know that's where the fresh food is kept.
                          If they hear the kettle, they come running and squeaking because they know that the fridge door where the fresh food is kept is going to be opened.
                          If they hear the fridge door open & the salad box at the bottom rattle they dance about & squeak very loudly because they'll be getting some fresh food.
                          If they hear plastic bags rustle, that means there's food around somewhere too... I can open a bag, hold it in front of them & they'll each stick their head in, grab a bit & run & hide with their spoils
                          If they hear a key rattle in the back door, they go ballistic because that's where outside & grass is!
                          The thing that took them the longest to learn though is the cutest, they finally worked out that if I have 3 pieces of food and give it to them one piggy at a time, they don't have to go & chase the first one that got some, if they stand patiently they'll all get a bit

Oh, & they even know when I've been shopping.... that means the possibility of food too
                          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

One of my dogs smiles, knows his left and right paws and gives high fives. The other one, I think his trick is being stupid and scaring people.
                            "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

If Hetfield doesn't think I'm giving him enough attention as I'm trying to fall asleep (), he'll come over and tap my arm until I realize resistance is futile and rub his neck and jaws and play "kitty belly!" until I fall asleep.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X