Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add 4 morons to the Jail Population...

This one just blew me away. Though I have to admit it was HILARIOUS. I don't know how long this will run though, so bear with me.

Couple nights ago, after getting off work (new shift, I'm on second now. may be permanent hopefully) I find myself in this funky state where I'm not sleepy at all, and looking for something to do. You know the drill, used to working 3rd every second week, and now I can't sleep? So, having nothing else better to do, and no sleep pending, I decided to head out to wal-mart. While there I took part in something that, in retrospect, I probably should have been freaked out about. In the end, four young men went to jail, and I had to give a statement. Not sure if I'll need to testify or not.

Inside the store, not much was going on. I picked up a snack and something to read, and headed out. Walking to my truck I noticed that the parking lot was pretty much empty, as it usually is on late nights. Near where I had parked, there was a group of four young men laughing it up. High school boys I suppose. As it was a warm night, I left my truck window down as I sat and had my little sandwich before preparing to head home. As I sat there, I remember hearing the following from across the way.

"We're SO going to Jail tonight."

This caught my attention and I turned, looking at these boys. Not seeing anything to pay attention to, I turned to my coke when something shiny caught my eye. Looking back, I saw to my horror that this one boy had a shiny pistol (semi auto) and was joking around with it, aiming it at cars and such. A second later I noticed that another boy had a similar pistol. Without thinking I dropped my snack and quickly dialed 911. I was on the phone with them when I heard a loud CRACK and saw a spider web in my truck's window. They'd SHOT my truck! Now, looking back I should have put two and two together here and realized what was going on, but without thinking I grabbed the pistol I keep in the door of the truck (permit to carry) and using the door for cover I stepped from the truck screaming for them to put their hands where I could see them. One boy dropped his pistol right there, where it shattered on the ground, while another just froze in his tracks. I told the operator what happened, what vehicle I had and that yes, I had drawn on them. When the police arrived, I had to relinquish my own pistol while they sorted things out.

The boys were arrested, I think on charges of vandalism, and assault. Turns out the pistols they had only looked metallic in the night light and street lights. They were in fact, pellet guns. This type I think. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qxzuCbIrmb...pellet+gun.jpg The way the light hit them though, I didn't know they weren't real.

After the cops got there, and I gave my statement and license, (not in that order of course) one of the boy's parents arrived and tried to convince the police to let his son who was (as he put it) a good boy, go home with him. The man further wanted ME charged for drawing a live pistol on the boy. His face paled when the officer informed him that under the law, I felt threatened and did not know that the weapon which had shot my truck wasn't real. Thus, if I'd shot the boy, I wouldn't have been held accountable. (my conscience would be shot though.) In short, he basically explained how close his son came to getting shot for a little stunt like that. Adding that if the police had arrived and I wasn't there, the boys probably would have gotten shot if they hadn't complied. That type of "weapon" isn't a toy.

A friend of mine who works with the department thinks these kids may have been behind a string of shootings where pellet guns were used against parked cars and store windows. At the time of my typing, they're still in county on several thousand dollars bond.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

holy fucking shit dude!!!

sounds like you handled a messed up situation brilliantly though.

Kids father is a complete tool.
    Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Holy crap!!

I hope they throw the book at these jerks, including forcing them to pay for your vehicle repair. A nice letter of apology (though forced and not heartfelt) is always a wonderful thing.

Putting aside the fact that you could've hurt (or killed!) them in self-defense, they're damn lucky you aren't pressing charges yourself. If I had the total crap scared out of me after getting shot at, you'd better believe I'd sue them and their parents for emotional distress. Because I'd definitely be distressed. Plus I'm vindictive as hell.

Good luck and be safe. Glad it wasn't more serious, for you or them.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Thus, if I'd shot the boy, I wouldn't have been held accountable. (my conscience would be shot though.)
        That's very true. I know a former cop that has been in your situation. He's very glad he didnt take a life in that situation.

Comment

I'd call this a noteworthy Darwin Award attempt on their part.

I doubt they expected you to have a gun with you. As it is, they are lucky you didn't return fire, because seeing the weapon, and then taking fire (And if these things were able to damage your windshield, they're not exactly inconsequential in power either) you'd have been fully justified in doing so.

I'm glad you didn't for the sake of your conscience, but I just hope these kids realize how lucky they were, and how mind blowingly STUPID what they did was.
          Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Talk about mind blowingly DUMB. Guns are not toys.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Great entertainment is to be had when watching those who have always been protected from the consequences of their actions. That is to say, the entertainment comes at the moment they suddenly become painfully aware that there are limits to said protection.

Comment

Some guy here in Omaha got his Darwin Award last night when he was firing his pellet gun at a car in a restaurant parking lot. Two off duty cops were working security in the restaurant had ordered the guy to drop the gun (said it looked and sounded like an automatic weapon) The moron didnt drop it, so the cops dropped him.

Pellet guns are not toys. I know if I had a kid, I'd never let them have one.

My dad was shot with a paint ball gun about 15yrs ago. It was night time, he was walking down the street around the corner from our house. He heard someone in a car driving by yell "shoot him!" It was night time and when he felt this pain in his ribs around his chest, saw a reddish colored liquid on his shirt and hands and he freaked.

He got home, walked in the door and declared he'd been shot. Naturally we freaked out too. Then noticed the "blood" was a bright orange and he didnt have a hole in his chest. He had a hell of a welt tho.

I think parents who let their kids have these guns should be shot in the ass repeatedly with a pellet gun from 10 paces. If that's too close, then close enough they feel a lot of pain when the pellet or paint ball hits them in the butt so that they learn never to let their moron children do stupid crap with things that can potentially kill someone if you shoot them at just the right distance or angle.

Comment

What F***ing idiots. They are so lucky they dropped the pellet gun and didn't end up with a <whatever caliber> sized hole in them.

Comment

I only hope the kids and their father end up realising they did it to themselves. Too many times, such people decide they're being mistreated &/or persecuted when consequences hit.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

OMG!! That would have been scary as hell. I'm glad you're okay! Those idiots!!! They better pay for your window! I guess the idiot was right when saying: "We're so going to jail!" Bet they were high too.

I don't think its ever "funny" to shoot someone's car. Repair costs money! I hope they get whats coming to them. They need to grow up and realize playing with anything gun like is stupid and they need to realize their actions will have real consequences and mom and dad can't protect their asses from the fools they are.

Again, I'm glad you're okay and you handled that really good. I have no idea what I wouldn've done in that situation but you are a quick thinker. I'm still in shock over it and I wasn't even the one who went through it.

Comment

Good Grief! I'm glad you didn't have to pull the trigger, rep. Kudos on having good judgement and control after pulling the gun. I wouldn't have done any different, but that's small consolation at almost shooting a kid, even if they were brandishing weapons. Good job, and I hope your nerves have settled down.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Wow!! Scary stuff.
                          It's like a scene right out of a movie.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I'm sure you're all aware that the only part of a standard car which will resist a shot from a firearm is the engine block, unlike the movies doors don't stop bullets.

I guess though that when you saw the bb gun only made a cobweb on your windscreen you realised what was happening - after all a full size round will pass straight through all standard glass and utterly destroy it.
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I wonder how many of them needed new underwear....
                              Last edited by Pagan; 06-22-2010, 06:54 PM.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X