Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not stifling at night to satisfy YOU.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not stifling at night to satisfy YOU.

We have an older woman that lives in the house next to us. She tends to complain about everything and likes to always point out she has osteoporosis (not sure why).

Well, my mother told me she complained about our central A/C being on at night and it is interfering with her sleep.

Look, it's south FL, and from June-August it feels as if the sun is 10 feet away from you. I'm not sweating and making myself uncomfortable just because you don't like the sound of my A/C unit.

We keep it on 74 for the night - it comes on for about an hour every 45 minutes. She told my mother that "It comes on every 5 minutes and it's very annoying." Yeah, right.

The best part was when she told my mother we need to invest in a high-end "quieter" AC unit so she isn't bothered - not my problem, I don't have several grand to drop on a new A/C unit.

I tell you, some people will complain about anything. What's going to be funny is if she calls the HOA - they'll just laugh at her.

She reminds me of the twit over on Youtube...who posted *videos* about her neighbor's supposedly noisy A/C unit. I've seen them, and you can *barely* tell the unit is even running. Of course, she could also be like my mother. I'd be in my bedroom, with the radio down so low I could barely hear it. The door would be closed..and she'd come running in from her bedroom to tell me to "turn it down." How can I turn it down? It's nearly off!
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Earplugs, you old bat. Have you heard of them?
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Someone needs a life.

I hope she does go to the HOA, so they can make her feel like the ass she is.

Comment

Doesn't she have her own AC, so that she can sleep with the windows closed? My parents' AC was just outside their neighbors' bedroom window. Neighbors didn't have AC, but they do have a good relationship with my folks. The neighbors joked that Mom & Dad's AC is why they had it installed in their house - they'd lay in bed at night, on our sticky, stifling nights, listening to Mom & Dad's air conditioning. After the first year, they had it installed in their house too.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

This is South Florida. The only complaint anyone should ever have about their neighbor's AC is that it is better than their own!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Does she really expect you all to live in Florida and not use air conditioning?

What a dumb old bitch. She must be related to my downstairs neighbor, and must be the mother or grandmother to the crazy bastard next door who refuses to get air conditioning but kicks and screams about smoke and noise going into his apartment.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
              X