This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Questions Suckage

I am sure that everyone on here, because you are all normal logical people, realise that when you call a call centre and they ask things like your date of birth address, etc it is a security check they do to verify that you are indeed the account holder and that anything the call centre arranges actually goes with the correct account.

Today I had this

me "I just need to ask you a few questions to check that the account number you just gave me ties to the correct person and address, can you tell me your address?"

customer "I don't have to give it to you, you've got it right there on the screen in front of you"

me - "that is correct but I still have to ask you to check it is the correct address, if not it may be the wrong account number"

customer "read your fucking screen"

me "if you swear at me again i will terminate the call, if you do not wish to give your address I also cannot continue the call"

customer then gave address, which was the correct one for the account number given so what was the problem with giving it in the first place?

Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Because...
    [QUOTE=TelephoneAngel;754383]... "YOU'VE GOT IT RIGHT THERE ON THE SCREEN IN FRONT OF YOU!!!!!["/QUOTE]

EWs have IMPORTANT things to do, and you delaying them by asking "stupid" questions to ensure the security of their accounts keeps them from getting to it.

/sarcasm
    Last edited by EvilEmpryss; 07-13-2010, 06:13 PM. Reason: clarifying tone
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

"I have AN address in front of me, ma'am, but I need to make sure that it's YOUR address." It's like the guy who thinks that his face should be better proof of who he is than a photo ID. Um... yeah. It sure is a face, all right.

Hell, I hate security questions, but yelling at them doesn't make them go away like birds. It just makes them happen longer.
      Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Paranoia.. which is of course a$$-backward.. Wouldn't you be more worried if some phone rep already had all your info without asking and didn't bother to verify?
        I will never go to school!

Comment

My favorites at the credit card company were the idiots who didn't want to give me any information because they were afraid I would steal their identity. Too bad I had all that information in front of me already.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post

EWs have IMPORTANT things to do, and you delaying them by asking "stupid" questions to ensure the security of their accounts keeps them from getting to it.

/sarcasm
            Quoted for truth. This.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
              My favorites at the credit card company were the idiots who didn't want to give me any information because they were afraid I would steal their identity. Too bad I had all that information in front of me already.
              This boggles me. If *I* call the credit card company, why should I be worried about identity theft from the security questions?

Now if someone calls *me* claiming to be the credit card company and then asks for my security information, I'll be leery about that. The easiest solution to that, though, is to tell them that you will call the company right back at the number you have on the card or the statement. No need to get sucky about it.
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Your call center would do well to install a Bridge of Death to weed out the SC's who can't answer your five questions.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Your call center would do well to install a Bridge of Death to weed out the SC's who can't answer your five questions.
                  ...as long as there aren't any questions about African or European swallows....
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    ...as long as there aren't any questions about African or European swallows....
                    Oooo! Oooo! I know!!! I know!!!! It's MPFC

Comment

I have that beat. This happened to me two days ago.

Me: Thank you for calling Such&Such Bank. My name is Red. How can I help you.
                      Douchbag: *is a staticy whisper* Yo I want to know when my points expire!
                      Me: Can I please have your first name, last name, and credit card number?
                      Douchbag: *still in staticy whisper* My name is Douchbag McFuckface. *in a softer whisper* I'm too tired for this shit.
                      Me: *not having caught any of that* Sir, can you please spell your last name for me and speak up. I'm having trouble hearing you.
                      Douchbag: *click and then speaking* Yeah you were on speaker phone course you couldn't hear me. M C F U C K F A C E. *whisper* I'm fucking tired
                      Me: Thank you sir. For verification can I please have your address?
                      Douchbag: FUCK THIS SHIT YOU FUCKING BITCH! I'M TOO FUCKING TIRED FOR THIS! *hangs up before I can disconnect the call for vulgar language.

Pissed me off at the time, but after I vented to a coworker I just laughed it off. I really hope he has points expiring soon and he waits too long to use them.
                      Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                        Oooo! Oooo! I know!!! I know!!!! It's MPFC
                        I'll give you partial credit. MP was correct, but FC is not.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          I'll give you partial credit. MP was correct, but FC is not.
                          Its from the holy grail film (or the musical Spamalot)
                          "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                          Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                            Ah, three questions, sir.
                            Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
                              I have that beat. This happened to me two days ago.

Me: Thank you for calling Such&Such Bank. My name is Red. How can I help you.
                              Douchbag: *is a staticy whisper* Yo I want to know when my points expire!
                              Me: Can I please have your first name, last name, and credit card number?
                              Douchbag: *still in staticy whisper* My name is Douchbag McFuckface. *in a softer whisper* I'm too tired for this shit.
                              Me: *not having caught any of that* Sir, can you please spell your last name for me and speak up. I'm having trouble hearing you.
                              Douchbag: *click and then speaking* Yeah you were on speaker phone course you couldn't hear me. M C F U C K F A C E. *whisper* I'm fucking tired
                              Me: Thank you sir. For verification can I please have your address?
                              Douchbag: FUCK THIS SHIT YOU FUCKING BITCH! I'M TOO FUCKING TIRED FOR THIS! *hangs up before I can disconnect the call for vulgar language.

Pissed me off at the time, but after I vented to a coworker I just laughed it off. I really hope he has points expiring soon and he waits too long to use them.

"No, sir, YOU were on speakerphone. I cannot control your telephone."

I get people like this too, and just like the OP. I ask for their name and address, I get "you've got that." SO?? Is it so hard to tell me your name & address for verification? Is that too personal a question for you? Plus, on the old computer system, we could only keep info for 3 months. After that it was GONE. Purged. Kaput. So I often had to get the billing info all over again, and that in turn would cause all the sucky responses: big, put-upon sigh, grumbling, whining. It takes less time to give me your name and address than it does to rant about how I should already have it.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X