This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He apologized

Several months ago I had a customer, early twenties, who threw his cell phone at me when he "couldn't believe" that I was going to hold him to the insurance replacement policy to replace his broken phone. He yelled and screamed, made quite the scene, scaring a few of the customers in line behind him. His last action was to send the phone flying at my head. Fortunately for me, it hit the wall. He had the good sense to storm out just then.

I haven't seen him since then. Today he came into the store to get a prepaid phone. He told me that he felt badly about what he'd done, he'd been having a tremendously bad day that day, and he apologized for having treated me that way. My initial thought was to say, "Oh, that's okay" but instead I figured I couldn't let him completely off the hook. I simply said, "Yeah, I remember that very well. I've been wondering how you've been doing. Thanks for apologizing."

It's just a little thing, but I gave him points for that. Most people wouldn't have bothered to apologize, especially after several months.

At least he felt bad for being an ass and apologized. That brings the ratio to 1:37242343274723

Comment

Working...
    X