This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I killed my phone...

Well, sort of. Over the weekend, we had some pretty nasty thunderstorms here. With them came some pretty pretty lightning. I went outside and watched for a bit, but the view from my apartment building sucks. That's beside the point. Anyways, moving on.

when the thunder started, I shut down my computer, and unplugged stuff. During the last set of storms of this magnitude, my modem/router got FRIED because I forgot to unplug it. I didn't want it to happen again to any of my other electronics, so, yeah.

I forgot to unplug my cell phone, which was sitting on the charger. I didn't think anything of it. Just woke up on Sunday and realized , hey, we lost power! Joy... Couldn't shower, or cook breakfast, or open the fridge to pack a lunch, so I was all kinds of cranky. No joke. Still managed to make it to work on time, though! I threw my phone in my bag, and took off.

Well, I noticed it'd been quiet. My manager emailed my work account this morning and asked why I didn't respond to her text about something or other. So I pull my phone out and turn it on. Say rather, I TRIED to turn it on. Black screen. Gulp... I take the battery out, take the SIM card out, put it all back in, try to turn it on. Still nothing. Got a blip when I plugged it into the charger, but nothing again when I take it off the charger.

I called support on my lunch hour, and was told to bring it into a nearby store, because it sounds like it may just be the battery that's fried, and that can be replaced, though replacing the charger cord is probably a good idea too. Thank goodness for insurance, because I cannot afford to buy anything new. But, it looks like I've been without a phone for about 2 days, and will be without one for who knows how long.

Kind of sad that I didn't realize I'd been without it. I do that a lot. I guess that speaks to just how isolated I really am, though.

Blech.

Stupid phone.

So you got tired of beating yourself up, and decided to take on your poor, defenseless phone?

Hope it gets fixed quickly.

Comment

So I'm not the only one who stupidly broke their phone. I dropped mine from about 4 inches up onto my portable swamp cooler. I have had a palm centro, which has a recessed screen. It must've just hit just right to break the screen, since when I went to shut it off that night, the screen was busted.

I'm due for my 2 year upgrade, but can't afford it right now. This is my first time to break a phone, and of course, the worst time financially to do so. I got a loaner phone from a coworker, so I have that, but non smartphones piss me off. Had a smartphone for 5 years now.
      Coworker: Distro of choice?
      Me: Gentoo.
      Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Whew. That's why you haven't answered any texts. Ok.

I hope it gets fixed soon!
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Yis, that's why I've been silent. Never purposeful, believe me! And when I DO feel the need to go into hermit mode, I tend to send out a text to people I talk/text with most, letting them know that I'm not up to conversing for a while. Rest assured, this is NOT by choice.

Stupid storms...

Comment

Working...
          X