This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin mobile users! TO ME!

I'm thinking it's about time to get a different cell phone. My mom is talking up Virgin Mobile, which evidently uses Sprint's network, and is planning to replace her Net 10 phone with a RUMR from them.

Supposedly for $25 a month, I can get 300 minutes (more than plenty for me) plus unlimited text and web access. I'll go research the plans a little more closely later, but mom says there's no contract.

My biggest question is service--is the signal good? Phone's not going to be static-y or anything?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I use virgin mobile. I find it perfect. Not static-y at all.
    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Do you mean a Rumor? I have an LG Rumor 2 on Sprint and have had no signal issues or problems, and I just went from Mass to Kentucky and back. Only time I lost the signal was in the mountains.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Its good if you have a Sprint tower nearby. There is no roaming on Virgin though.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Supposedly for $25 a month, I can get 300 minutes (more than plenty for me) plus unlimited text and web access. I'll go research the plans a little more closely later, but mom says there's no contract.
          You can also buy a $20 top-up card that'll give you 200 minutes, and a $30 card that gives you 400. Every top-up gives you 90 days of service, and the minutes last a month.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
            Do you mean a Rumor? I have an LG Rumor 2 on Sprint and have had no signal issues or problems, and I just went from Mass to Kentucky and back. Only time I lost the signal was in the mountains.
            Just like me to expect xtrem spelng where there is none.

Thanks to everybody who responded. I went ahead and ordered the LG Rumor. Now it's a matter of waiting (not so) patiently for it to arrive.

Once I get it activated and my current number on it, I will be kicking U.S. Cellular to the curb. Not that I've had any problems with their phone or their system or their service, mind you. I'll be cutting my monthly bill almost in half, getting free texting and web, and a cool phone.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

But do those minutes expire at the end of the month if you don't use them all within 30 days?

At least that's one advantage I have with Blue Ball Wireless . . . rollover minutes.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                But do those minutes expire at the end of the month if you don't use them all within 30 days?
                Yea, that pretty much hits the nail on the head. Then again, 200 minutes is only a little under 3-1/2 hours.
                Last edited by dendawg; 07-27-2010, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X