This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another year (mushy)

Yesterday, my wife and I celebrated our fourth year of marriage. We couldn't go anywhere or do anything, so we sat and relaxed.

I remember the wedding...vaguely. All 6 six of my groomsmen were armed with swords, myself with a katana as well. One even came with a 6 foot claymore . It was fun to see the reactions of everyone when they filed in.

My wife is one of those women who does NOT do dresses. Ever. Not going to happen.... except for the wedding. She was stunning in white, her hair done up and a bouquet of white roses. She was nervous, too. She had to keep looking at my forehead in order to keep herself from laughing at the ceremony.

When it came to saying my vows, the priest pointed the microphone at me and I gave a small smile. Using my training in stage acting, I performed my vows flawlessly (if I do say so myself) and made certain those in the back heard me and were left in no doubt as to what I was saying and why. One man came up to me after the ceremony and said he never heard the vows said so well. Usually they come out shaky .

It's only been four years but we've had "sickness and health" and "richer and poorer." She's stood by me when others would have dropped me. She's with me even when I'm certain she could do better.

I guess what I'm saying is: I love my wife.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Congrats to you! We just celebrated our 15 year anniversary last week - just went out as a family, couldn't do anything more until Summer semester is over. We're planning to go on vacation after.

I still remember the wedding - her coming down the aisle with her parents at her side (divorced, so it was a surprise), and especially me messing up on the vows, I got at one point (), but I got through it.

It's been a long ride, through lows and highs. We have 4 great (but aggravating at times ) girls. She's been my support through the joblessness, and going back to college - my name might be on the degree, but without her it wouldn't have been possible.

Yeah, I love my wife too...

Comment

You guys are making me cry. It's nice to see men who are vocal about their appreciation of their wives. I hope the girls know how blessed they are to have you.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Nurian.

4 years is no small feat. Its difficult but worth it when you have the right person.

<3 to all!

Comment

Congrats, to Nurian and Mrs.Nurian and may you have many more to come!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
          X