This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Hel!

So, short story: apparently, bitch from hell decided to schedule me as a greeter this week (I imagine as a very thinly veiled attempt to punish me for trying to change my availability so I can't work Sunday or Thursday, and am available roughly 24 hours a week)... no biggie, how bad could it be?
    Ooops...

Jabber Jabber Jabber Jaws!
    Two ladies decided to stand in the middle of the entry room facing two opposite directions, just yammering away with their carts, blocking most of the flow of traffic.
    "Katie had her baby..."
    "Well, you know, I can't go back to school cause of my kids..."
    Yap, yap, YAP!
    Meanwhile, other customers are TRYING to get in and out of the store, and can they be bothered to move?
    A-Dur?

I am ever so sad
    Seriously, I set out one of both of the kinds of carts we have, just in front of our display of Proctor & Gamble sale items, and I swear, they hardly ever got moved. People would walk around to the stacks of carts and take them from there. Even with me pointing at the readied carts, they'd be ignored. I'm sorry, poor carts, no one loves you, apparently.

Managers, pay attention
    Went on my break, and heard no less than four calls for Jeff and George (not their names)... and blurted to the room in general, "Jeff and George are outside, getting carts, like you f---ing told them to."

More cart madness
    So, we have special carts that have televisions in them for the kiddies to ride in, to keep them entertained while mom or dad shops... two of them had problems that made it so their batteries wouldn't charge today, and I kept telling people this, but "No problem, they just want the cart..." Sure.
    Not even a minute later, Mom or dad comes back to grab a different cart because, "They're whining about it."
    Yeah, told you.

Another?
    So many people brought back carts that were, quote, "Too squeaky", "Funky", or just "Not right"... none of which really tells me anything.

Finally!
    I did notice a customer trying to bring a propane tank into the store to do an exchange and headed him off, saying he could just "Leave the tank out by the cage of tanks while he shopped."
    "I'd always wondered..."

Charmander uses Confusion ray
    J&C *simultaneously*: "Have a great day"
    C: "Shop at *store* again..." as I try to figure out what the HELL made him think that was funny, or appropriate, or whatever. Dipshit.

You... habba... WHU?
    Saw a customer leaving the store, chugging from one of our portable wine boxes... alone... and watch him go to his car, and then notice the cart collector is at the corral next to his car, so I talk to her when she comes back in.
    J: "Did you notice the guy chugging wine?"
    W: "Yeah, he started talking to me, too..."
    J *blurting* : "Hey, baybeh, whassha wearin?"
    W: *bursts out laughing* "Had he said that, I would've just walked away and come right back in."
    Last edited by Imogene; 08-10-2010, 05:49 AM. Reason: Forgot
    "I call murder on that!"

I know someone will probably poke fun of me for being enough of a nerd to point this out, but the pokémon move is called confuse ray, and Charmander can never learn it.

The more you know
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks TVs in kid shopping carts is full of fail? Even regular shopping carts and scooter carts break all the time. And I bet none of those breakdowns would cause anywhere near the suck of little Johnny and Susie not being allowed TV 24/7. Oh vey.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Am I the only one who thinks TVs in kid shopping carts is full of fail?
        No, you're not. My opinion is all fratchy, so its staying with me, but TV's in carts is simply ridiculous.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
          and Charmander can never learn it.
          Personally, I never got deep into Pokemon... you got the reference, though, that was the important part.

And, no, I agree, TV in cart=fail. TV in car=fail. Teach your kids to read, for f---'s sake!
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Can we have kiddie carts ... hell, grownup carts! ... with Prozac misters?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Do those TVs have sound? Adding to the general noise already in the store? Ick...I'm really glad they don't have carts with TVs in there here, although I suppose it's only a matter of time...(sigh)...

The Jabber-Jaws: Aggravating as hell. I call those "family reunions," when you see these huge clots of people standing around yapping, getting in everybody's way. Try to politely get around them and you get a dirty look, as though you're the rude one, actually trying to *GASP!* shop while they're having their chit-chat in the middle of an aisle.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Carts with tvs? wth? I've never heard of that. Don't have those here that I've ever seen.....but I do wish they would put in drink holders....that would be handy.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Our carts don't have TV's but I have seen some with drink holders.

Comment

nope, i agree; tv in cars/carts=big fail. have them read or otherwise entertain themselves, or play road games, etc.

whatever happened to the glorious imagination of children? oh yeah, it was bred out of them...
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

TVs IN CARTS?! What we cant leave our houses for an hour without being bombarded by TV?! Thats insane. We dont have them here, but it wouldnt matter if they did b/c i wouldnt use them no matter how much the kids begged.

I LOVE the grocery store by me, renovated to add a totally seperate cafe that uses snap on cup holders so you can cart your coffee around with you..

Mmmm. Latte while you shoppe'.

Comment

Actually, I don't think the kid's carts with little TVs are such a bad idea. Let's face it, while, yes, it probably would be a good thing if kids watched a bit less television, it is also one really good way of keeping the kids entertained during what can be one of the most boring times in their young lives. If these are the same carts as at my local supermarket, the kids ride inside a little enclosed area up front, where the parent can keep an eye on them and they can't reach very far out of, so they can't yank stuff of shelves as easily. It also keeps the kids with the parents, so they won't go wandering off.

That being said, if such carts aren't available, for whatever reason, the parent will need to suck it up and put a little more effort into being a parent for that trip to the store. Price you pay when you have a child, you know.

Comment

The problem with relying on TV to keep the kids entertained is that you'll get a false sense of the kids being busy. Face it, when you're a kid TV is boring because you have to sit still, and you can't pick the pace, and look at all these interesting things I could be putting into the cart while mom thinks I'm watching TV.

I'm curious as to the effectiveness of those carts from the management perspective: getting people to shop there. Sure, it can (potentially) keep the kids less bored, but I'm fairly sure my mom wouldn't have taken us there, because we'd have wanted to watch the TV's, and she'd find it less fuss to just go somewhere where she didn't have to argue with us about no, we didn't get to sit in those carts.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                            . TV in car=fail. Teach your kids to read, for f---'s sake!
                            Only one problem: Reading in car --> for many people.

I once had someone come in asking for Dramamine for her kids because they always got carsick. As I was ringing her out, I told her to make sure they don't read in the car, because that's a very common cause of motion sickness. She got this look on her face and said "Really? I always tell them they can't watch their DVD until they've finished their reading!"

I told her "That's a good idea in general, just not when riding in a car."

Comment

Even not having air blowing on me in the car will make me pukey. Dramamine doesn't help because it's an inner ear thing.

Although, the other day my friend and I played Dinosaurs in the aisles with some kids while their mum was shopping. It was so cute. The youngest son ran up to me and said "Rawr! Imma dinosaur!" because he noticed my hair clip/pin thing was a dinosaur. So my friend and I played along with them until their mum was done with her perscription and they wandered off to rawr at more people. I love when kids are fun like that, and because we saw their mum was discussing some medication thing with the pharmacist we didn't mind keeping them distracted.
                              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
                              X