This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Are you f***ing kidding me??"

Guy calls in looking for automotive bill of sale forms. I tell him yes, we have them. He asks how many per pack and how much they cost. I tell him I don't know off-hand but I could go check if he wants. He declines, says he'll be there in a few minutes, and can I please hold one?

Me: Sure. What name should I put on it?

SC: Um, hold on *puts phone down for a moment*

Really? This isn't that hard of a question. Why do you need to consult with your fellow SCs to determine what name to put on the reserved item?

Yes, I thought immediately of Gravekeeper.

SC: Never mind, I'll be right there.

YOU'LL be right there? So you couldn't figure out what your own name is? This does not bode well......

Nearly an hour later he comes in. I recognized his voice and knew right away what he'd want, but I was occupied so I had to simply direct him to the legal forms section.

A couple minutes later he comes back and says he can't find them, so I go and show him. On the way he starts in about how [sister store to the east] called for him and had someone check and they said they were here blah blah blah.

I honestly have no idea why he felt it necessary to lie like that. He called in directly, and if he was coming from [sister store to the east] he'd have been here at least 40 minutes sooner. Whatever. I hand him the packet of forms.

SC: How many are in here??

Me: Two general purpose bills of sale and two automotive bills of sale.

SC: ONLY TWO!?!?!?

Me: Yes, sir. ()

SC: How much is this??

Me: $9.29.

SC: $10 for a piece of paper are you fucking kidding me?!?!?!!

Yes, since you are obviously too lazy to write up your own bill of sale according to the freely available RMV guidelines, or to download one of the many free bill of sale templates I've seen online, it IS $10 for a piece of paper. You are paying for the privilege of being able to just fill in the names and prices and not have to do any actual work. Finished products that you buy are more than just the sum of their parts.

SC: I'm a car dealer! I need HUNDREDS of these!!

Oh really? You are? Then how come you have no idea how to write a bill of sale? How come you haven't gotten your own custom bills of sale printed up? For that matter, why didn't you tell me what you REALLY needed over the phone? I could have saved you the trouble of coming in here and getting pissed off if you'd shown a little foresight......oh wait....forgot what I site I was on for a second there.

Oh, and I didn't know that car salesmen around here dressed like that. The ones I've met usually wear suits and ties, not something more befitting a stereotype about rednecks.

Then again, maybe that explains why he's so clueless about bills of sale.

SC: Is there any way I could just photocopy this instead of buying it?

Are you fucking kidding me? Did you seriously just ask me that? Are you REALLY that dense?

Me: That would be a copyright violation, sir, I can't allow it.

SC: You've gotta be fuckign kidding me....*walks away, then calls back over his shoulder*....I'm going to Office Depot!!!

Me: Good luck with that, they're closed down!!

What an absolute tool. He didn't do or get a single thing right the ENTIRE time, from the moment he called in to the moment he left. He fails on EVERY level.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

"I am sorry Dave, but that would require forethought, planning, and intelligence from your SC. I am afraid I can not allow that." HAL

((I just had to, the devil made me do it))

Seriously though, asking a few questions over the phone is hard? AND the guy wanted to just 'copy' them..yeah that is gonna happen. Some people just flat out still amaze me. Not sure how, but they do.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      AND the guy wanted to just 'copy' them..yeah that is gonna happen.
      I bet they cost that much partly because too many people probably do just buy one pack and then make copies.

Comment

In the guy's defense the confusion over what name to put the reserved forms on may have been that he had to figure out who was actually going to go pick them up.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          Oh, and I didn't know that car salesmen around here dressed like that. The ones I've met usually wear suits and ties, not something more befitting a stereotype about rednecks.
          Well, you know he needed those forms to make the purchase of his 1978 Chevy pickup and '79 Camaro, both of which are rotting in his front yard...legal
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My guess is he's only "an auto dealer" when he wants to impress someone (which obviously didn't work in your case ) When he calls the local paper to place an ad for a car, he's "just a guy" selling his sister's car, his mom's car, his brother-in-law's car...all so he can get a cheaper, private-party rate. "I'm not a dealer! I just buy used cars and re-sell them!"
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

he's a dealer alright...who's transactions occur in a less than sunny spot.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Agreed. I hope he's familiar with the lemon law.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                X