This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my SGM is awesome

When I started working at my current job, the store general manager for us was a total...jerk. Everyone feared when he made his rounds. It was so bad that usually that someone would be assigned to go warn the associates that he was coming around so we could make sure that we were ready.

Well, that SGM had to retire and the new one we have...oh my god...it's like we were blessed. He has turned the store completely around since he arrived a few months ago. The old one did not have a cleaning crew. We actually have a cleaning crew now, here everyday and the store looks so awesome. He's upgraded the security at the store, had people fix all the broken odds and ends in the store...everything. And you know what is even better?

He knows everyone's name. Right down to all those cashiers. The last SGM didn't know anyone except management. There's just something really good about the boss knowing everyone's name and it's amazing, given the amount of associates. He actually sent us Christmas cards, too. He greets everyone when they go by, he's out on the floor a lot, talking to customers...the managers' moods have changed too, now that they don't have to fear the old SGM. They are much happier and more pleasant to work with. Yes, our SGM expects A LOT from us, but it's just different now--can't really explain.

But my SGM is awesome.

That's the mark of an EXCELLENT GM! I'm happy you have such a great GM now especially after Mister Dickhead!

Comment

Working...
    X