This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Which sex's restroom is grosser? *GROSS!*

This came to mind as the other night some dude had *literally* shat on the floor.

So, which restroom is grosser (from the perspective of the person who has to clean them)?

In my opinion, it's about equal. With the boys, sure, there's always piss on the floor, but there's *always* piss on the floor. You almost get used to it. You almost get confused when it's not there.

With the ladies, their messes tend to be more periodic ( pun intended). It's not gross *usually* , but when it is it's pretty nasty. Not to mention, you have to compress the contents of the trash can from time to time because people just kind of throw their paper towels in the general direction of the can and hope for the best, and that has its... hazards. And, there's always that caked on makeup residue in the sink to clean up... but that's no so much gross , as it is a hassle.
    Mens
    15.94%
    Ladies
    55.07%
    They're equally gross.
    28.99%

From my experance, the womens bathroom, is a hell of a lot messier. Surly, I had to clean them both lots of times, at OfficeMax
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Womens, by far.

The worst you see in the mens is some pee and TP on the floor. Every once and awhile you will have someone who had the runs and "missed", though that does not happen very often.

The Womens, on the other hand, regularly has poo, blood, and pee all over the place. On the seat, floor, and walls.

My guess is that some Women think their butts are sacred and can't touch the "icky" seat (Though the human butt is one of the more sterile parts of your body.) and thus they "hover" alot. Most Men, on the other hand, either whipe the seat off with some TP or use a seat condom and sit down and go.

We have lost several maintenance people because of the womens bathrooms. They said flat out they arn't paid enough to clean that on a regular basis. I was unlucky enough to have to clean the bathrooms during our remodel when we did not have a maintenance person. I have to say, if I had to do that full time, I would have quit too.

Sorry to be hard on women, but what is it that makes some, not all, Women such slobs in the public bathrooms?
      "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

I would have said the Mens room if I'd never had a job that required me to clean a womens bathroom. Since I have, I can honestly say the ladies is oftentimes worse than the mens.

Comment

Working in TWO seperate movie theatres, I can unequivicobly say, the women's washrooms were nastier on a more regular basis than the men. However, the men's room at its absolute messiest, was worse than the women's room at its messiest. The men's room just never got there anywhere near as often.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Maybe I should feel relieved that my women's bathrooms are apparently not as disgusting as everyone else's. o.o;

Comment

Well i would have to say the men's. Or at least it is at Wal-mart.

Seems like they want to see who can piss farther up the wall....Very gross
              I Have Nothing But The Thoughts Of Uselessness

Comment

Here's my take (from working at a restaurant for three years):
                Women's restrooms are more difficult to clean. Paper towel is all over the place, soap scum is all over the sinks, and pee is all over the seats.
                Men's restrooms have pee all over the seats, but paper towel and soap was never an issue....because I swear the male clientele never washed their hands. I would have to refill the soap and paper towel dispensers on a daily basis in the ladies' room. The men's room - ONCE A WEEK. And for those of you who may think that's because men didn't use the washroom as much, that's true. But the difference wasn't enough to account for the soap and paper towel discrepancies. Draw your own conclusions.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

most likely the womens, coz men don't generally leaved used maxi pads on the floor/blocking the loo *much pukage*
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                    Here's my take (from working at a restaurant for three years):
                    Women's restrooms are more difficult to clean.
                    (snip)
                    Men's restrooms have pee all over the seats, but paper towel and soap was never an issue....because I swear the male clientele never washed their hands.
                    (snip)
                    I would have to refill the soap and paper towel dispensers on a daily basis in the ladies' room. The men's room - ONCE A WEEK.
                    Boozy, one major difference between the men and women's use of soap and paper towels: Men (generally) stand up to pee, and said peeing does not involve wiping. Thus, the hands are kept relatively clean (genitalia are like the buttocks in that they are usually very clean if one bathes regularly) and do not really require washing (some guys still do, however). With women, there is more of an issue because of course females often (always I hope) do wipe after using the restroom and also women use the restroom for more than just "piss and run" as 99% of men do.
                    This would easily account for the discrepancy between men's and women's soap and paper towel usage. (Note that the women probably used 20 times as much TP as well, for the same reasons.)
                    "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

If someone does not have a bladder/kidney infection and you send their urine off for culture, it will usually come back "no growth". I.e. no bacteria, sterile.

As for the faucet handles in most bathrooms, on the other hand, to quote Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy".

So it makes sense to avoid washing after peeing, kinda sorta.

The problem is that people unconsciously touch their eyes, nose and mouth zillions of times a day, and washing your hands every so often is a good idea, especially during cold & flu season. Since you're already in a bathroom with a sink, soap, and towels, might as well clean up. Just turn off the water with a disposable towel. Motion-activated sinks are ideal.
                      Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                      TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                        I would have to refill the soap and paper towel dispensers on a daily basis in the ladies' room. The men's room - ONCE A WEEK.
                        I definitely *have* noticed that. Also, our soap dispensers are mounted on a wall, and for whatever reason people seem to miss their hands, so there's streaks of soap on the wall and on the sink beneath it. More difficult to clean up, while not necessarily gross.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                          Draw your own conclusions.
                          In addition to some general not washing, I've also noticed that women tend to use more soap when washing hands. I've discovered, usually one squirt, sometimes two is enough.

Paper towel, I dunno, as I've seen equal amounts of towel usage insanity. Seriously people, you don't need your height in paper towel.
                          I only wish I was exaggerating about that.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

The women's bathroom... definitely! *puke*

When I was a bagger, I had to clean the grocery store's bathrooms... all 4 of them... sometimes, it took me almost 3 1/2 hours
                            ~What some people fail to comprehend is that express lanes are no longer "express" when you have 20 customers in line ~

Comment

I would have to vote womens...but I am wondering, while asking dumb chat room talk questions like ASL is not allowed...which gender is voting for which room?
                              As a male, I always thought cleaning even a relatively clean womens room was worse than a mens room cause of the feminine "products" you have to take care of, which are pretty foreign to most guys. Of course, the only job I had that required me to clean a bathroom was when I was in high school, maybe now that would not bother me as much.

That being said, reason for my womens room vote is because the three times I had to clean poo off from walls, floors, doors, sinks and mirrors it was in the womens room.
                              If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                              www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Working...
                              X