Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loading Zone Woes and Complimentary Q-Tips (long, language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading Zone Woes and Complimentary Q-Tips (long, language)

More of the usual. No, seriously, make it a double. No, three doubles.

Me: Yo.
    SC: If they listen with their ears and not their mouths, we wouldn't have a site, now would we?

Part One: Loading Zone Woes

We used to have two signs marking our Loading Zone, up until someone thought it'd be funny to just run one down. I don't know if they were drunk or not, but ever since, keeping our loading zone clear during show nights has been a pain in the ass. Lately, we've been mentally marking off where the loading zone ends and asking people to move if they're not actively loading/unloading band gear. Here's a list of the things I've been told in response to 'This is a loading zone; could you move your vehicle please?'

SC: I don't see a sign here! (We've got the stub of the sign still marking it off, so just pretend it's there. It'll make it easier on all of us.)

SC: I'm only going in for a few minutes! (Replace 'minutes' with 'drinks' and you're closer to the truth.)

SC: I've got tits! Do those count as equipment?! (Only if you're a hooker. And yes, some girl actually did ask me that when I told her to move her van. She was even going to Rivalbar and not our bar, so that made it worse on her.)

SC: I park here all the time during the week! (And I'm sure the guys who keep us stocked up with beer and liquor during the week love you for that. Seriously.)

SC: I'm only gonna pick someone up. (Okay, there's been some cases where they don't take longer than a couple minutes to find said someone and drag them out. The rest of the time, it's been 'meeting' someone instead of 'picking up' someone.)

We're still kicking the city's door down about the missing sign so they can get someone to replace it, because T and I are starting to really, really hate our regulars at this point.

Part Two: Complimentary Q-Tips

One group of five stuck out in my mind pretty heavily last night amidst all the loading zone problems we had last night. They were actually headed to Rivalbar, but stopped in our bar for... something. Quick drink? ATM? Don't have a clue. It only took a couple minutes for one of the girls in the group to ask me where Rivalbar was. Cue the chaos.

SC: So how do I get to Rivalbar from here?
    Me: Just walk to the corner and make a left. It's on the same block as us, just on the other side of the parking lot in back.
    SC: So how many blocks do I go down?

Oh, jeez. She's still sober and she's asking dumb questions.

Me: It's on the same block as we're on. It's just on the other side of the parking lot from us, in back.
    SC: So when I cross the street--

Me: You don't need to cross any streets to get there. You just need to head around the building.
    SC: So what street am I gonna--

Lord God, give me the power of electrokinesis so I can shock some brains into this chick...

Me: It's right. Behind. Us.
    SC: Ohhhhh!

Halle-fucking-lujah, she gets it now!

SC: So I just go around the corner...
    Me: Uh-huh.
    SC: and it'll be right there?
    Me: To the left.
    SC: Oh, okay! Thank you! I'm gonna go get my friends now!

She runs in, gets her friends, and all of them head to Rivalbar. Good. Let them deal with the IQ draining effect one of them has on people.

Oh, why did I call this section 'Complimentary Q-Tips?' I'm sorely tempted to suggest that at the next staff meeting we have.
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

Oh, why did I call this section 'Complimentary IQ-Tips?'
    fixed for accuracy

Comment

i plugged my ears and opened my mouth

i heard nothing.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
        i plugged my ears and opened my mouth

i heard nothing.
        Dang, and I had a bottle of Crown set aside with your name on it. Oh, well...

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
          SC: I'm only gonna pick someone up. (Okay, there's been some cases where they don't take longer than a couple minutes to find said someone and drag them out. The rest of the time, it's been 'meeting' someone instead of 'picking up' someone.)
          Okay then, hand me your keys. If you really only do take a couple of minutes, you won't have to worry about your car still being here when you return...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Okay then, hand me your keys. If you really only do take a couple of minutes, you won't have to worry about your car still being here when you return...
            Immediately followed up with an at-the-top-of-my-lungs "HEY! FREE CAR!" as soon as they walk in. That might work...

Comment

Working...
            X