This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange jacket blues

As a cart collector for WM I wear bright orange jackets just like hunters wear, so that I am visable to all the nuttters zipping around the parking lot like it's Daytona. Peopel still just about hit me even though i am visable from outer space, but that's not what this tale is about. Anyways, one day I am gathering carts and a woman comes up to me, this is the conversation that ensued:
    ME: ta da!
    OHL: Orange hating lady
    OHL: HEY! YOU! <grabs my arm> Hey!
    ME: Ma'am?
    OHL: Whty the f-ck are you wearing that ugly f-cking jacket?
    OHL: That hideous orange jacket.
    ME: Well, I have to wear it for safety purposes.
    OHL: Well my daughter and I both hate it.
    ME: I am sorry to hear that.
    OHL: Well?
    OHL: You ain't gonna take it off.
    ME: I have to waer it for safety, so I don't get hit.
    OHL: To he-l with your safety , I hate orange.
    ME: <irritated> Ma'am I have to wear this jacket, it's policy.
    OHL: So your stupid ass will get hit by a car so what? My daughter hates it take it off!!!
    ME: <tries to leave>
    OHL: OH, you ain't gonna leave, <grabs my hood> until you take this jacket off. If you get hit your lazy ass won't have to collect carts .
    Me: okay...< i get free of her and bolt.
    OHL: So much for customer service!!!!! I am never shopping here again!!!!!<pulls away.>
    I tell my manager and the cops about the incicdent. I had written down the woman's tag number and gave i to the cops. The cops do stop her and she is found to be high on meth, and drunk. She goes to jail, I go home.

BTW: She was stopped because a cop saw hwer swerving, it had nothing to do with me.
    Weird my town's wierd.

Wow! And if I recall correctly, that wasn't the first time someone who accosted you in the parking lot was found to be under the influence of one thing or another. Your job is dangerous!
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

I know how you feel. I was also a member of the WM Cart Crew. It truly does not matter, if you are wearing anything safe related. The customers still does not give a damn about you, as they will speed thou the parking lot, just barely missing you. I had that done soooo many times. They bitch about a cart touching there car, and automatically blame the cart guys. No matter what, the cart guys get blame for everything.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I'm surprised she didn't try to run you over herself to prove herself right.

I used to do carts for Wal Mart, funyn part is a customer complimented me o nhow wlel my blue vest went with my outfit.

Comment

This is why I love living in the small town I do....cars actually stop for pedestrians in the parking lots here!!!

I'm so used to the big(ger) city I came from, that I instinctively wait for a break in traffic before I walk; but they stop and wait for me to cross in front of them!

The commute back to the big(ger) city can be a pain, but I love the small town attitude, as well as actually living out in the middle of nowhere on my own piece of land!
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Maybe it was her strange way of getting you to notice her or her daughter...maybe she thought you were cute and wanted to talk to you and in fine drunken fashion - she was aggressive about it.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

My uniform is kind of orange and I have a lovely orange rain coat. Luckily we get new uniforms soon...
              No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Don't you just love poster children for the "Just say no!" campaign?

My orange jacket experience.... I was spending time with my brother in law and sister. At the time, he was working for the air force base near Vegas, and had acquired a flight jacket which I would often wear when biking. One of the reversible ones, drab out side and brightest reflective orange you can picture on the inside. One day I was biking home from work, late at night, and for some reason decided to head down the mini-strip. As I'm sailing down the sidewalk, doing a good 20-30 mph most of the time, I'm thinking "lots of people here tonight." It was only after I got off Freemont-- the brightest street in the world, wearing one of the brightest jackets in the world, weaving in and out of people on a bike-- did the connection between people, late night, and December 31 click.

Comment

Hey, I hate your arm. Take it off.
                  To hell with your blood supply! It's f**king ugly!
                  "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Holy Jeebus! What is that all about? I'm glad you got her tag number (cuz your awesome) & hopefully prevent this crap from happening again. Also, I thought you wore that jacket becuz you thought it was "purty." :P

PJ
                    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Denim offends me

And your pants, take them off too. My father was killed by a guy wearing pants...denim pants.
                      A true warrior enters the battlefield with all his weapons at the ready.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                        OHL: So your stupid ass will get hit by a car so what? My daughter hates it take it off!!!
                        "Yeah, well I hate your ugly head, lady. Why don't you take that off?! Or how about I take your head off for you?"

Ah well, one less meth addict on the road. Thank you for taking her tag number and reporting her!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

dang Crow... you need to leave the P-ville WM and move to the one in Washington Twsp... im ashamed to be from the same state as those idiots you deal with in P-ville.... i appalled that ppl act that way...but from what my bro tells me (he and me sis-in-law shop at your WM) the clientle (sp?) that shops there is pretty low-class to begin with

Comment

Anyone else think that that woman and her daughter would go out deer hunting wearing white? Anyone?? :crickets chirping:

Anyhoo, she was one crazy woman. Holy biscuit.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wow, you guys must get low grade meth over there, your weirdos aren't half bad.
                              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                              X