This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensional Transcendence Principle

Buildings are much, much larger on the inside than on the outside, and that doesn't even count the secret maze of tunnels behind the clock in the basement.
    -RPG Cliche #25

Maybe not really sucky, but it was said in such a way that made her sound incredibally lazy. Lady asked for 2 liners for the ice bucket. She then said in passing that the ice machine is so far from her room.

Right, we're a 62 room hotel. The ice machine is right smack dab in the middle on the main floor. We have an elevator also in the middle. How long of a walk could it possibally be?

Said lady also asked me to print out her boarding passes. I pointed her to the 2 computers in the lobby.

SC: Oh I'm not really got with computers. Can you do it for me?
    (In a computer heavy world, it's either sink or swim, lady.)
    Me: I can, but it's going to require a username and password. You're trusting me with very sensitive information.
    SC: Oh I don't know that. My daughter set it all up for me.
    (and I doubt the daughter is going to be any more trusting.)

What a douche

Guy checks in and I ask for his CC.

SC: I already gave you that info when I made the reservation.
    Me: We still need to scan the CC. (probably to avoid fraudulant use of the CC)
    SC: That's not what TheyTM told me. (again the mysterious They)

After that things went normal.

What bugs me the most is that this all, plus some walkins and reservations was all done between 7:00 and 8:00. The hotel was dead slow up until that point and then I get constant activity during the one hour a week I want to watch TV at work.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

But the customers know when there's something else you'd rather do. I used to get slammed with people as soon as the microwave was finished heating up my lunch. As soon as it was cold, then the store would be dead. I finally outsmarted them by bringing tuna salad.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      Buildings are much, much larger on the inside than on the outside, and that doesn't even count the secret maze of tunnels behind the clock in the basement.
      -RPG Cliche #25
      This is probably why one of the NY SF/F cons is held in an Escher like hotel (walk on an even level and end up 2 floors up!).

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      SC: That's not what TheyTM told me. (again the mysterious They)
      Who DOESN'T know that the CC has to be there when checking in???

grumble.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Me: I can, but it's going to require a username and password. You're trusting me with very sensitive information.
        Actually, you don't need any of that. All that is required, usually, is the confirmation number and the passenger name.

They don't worry about someone else "stealing" someone's boarding pass, because you have to have ID to match to get to the plane and you can print as many copies of a boarding pass as you feel like.

Quoth thansal View Post
        This is probably why one of the NY SF/F cons is held in an Escher like hotel (walk on an even level and end up 2 floors up!).
        There is a hotel that they have conventions at in San Jose that has a half-floor. You have to go to the floor above and then go down to it to get to it. It's kind of fun to direct people on how to reach that particular level, since that's the level that most of the panels are held on.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
          But the customers know when there's something else you'd rather do. I used to get slammed with people as soon as the microwave was finished heating up my lunch. As soon as it was cold, then the store would be dead. I finally outsmarted them by bringing tuna salad.
          Truth!

Two facts about my job:
          1) If I go to the toilet, the moment my belt meets my ankles I get called.
          2) The moment the word "coffee" leaves my mouth, a delivery arrives. Heck if a truck is late I'll say the word on purpose. And yes it does work.

Comment

Dear Bunny: I hope to goodness you can tell them to go screw. Bathroom time should be treated as holy.

Comment

Working...
            X