This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tit for Tat or Something

This is a story from way back when, before I started working at my company. As told by the warehouse manager.

At that time only men worked in the warehouse, but then 2 women were hired. The warehouse crew has their own breakroom, and there were those uh... special calenders and pinup photos on the walls. The manager had offered to make the men remove those, but the women said, don't worry, they'll offer to remove them themselves...

So on the second week another calendar was hung and some photos too. As you might guess, half naked men striking seductive poses.
    mWW (male warehouse workers):
    fWW (female warehouse workers): Hey, we like to look at something nice too during our breaks, you got your eye candy, we got our's.
    mWW: but, but, but...

The mWW went to the manager to complain!
    mWW: But those make us feel uncomfortable, it's harrasment etc
    Manager: Uh, guys, you don't think the women feel the same about the pictures you've hung in the room?
    *silence* The manager swears he could see them thinking! And he had a hard time not to
    mWW: Oh! You think they'd remove their's when we remove our's?
    M: I'm sure they will.
    And so the warehouse breakroom became special picture free.

One of the women is now assistant warehouse manager BTW.
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Love it! Simple easy way to handle it.

Comment

Whata buncha wimps those guys are.

I'd gladly let female coworkers put up their naked guy pictures and posters if it meant I got to keep mine. Who says I have to look at the naked guys anyway?

Why is everybody looking at me funny? It's not like I can actually do this anyplace at work.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When The Wife worked at the local independent book store, most of the staff were women. They use to have a "hunk" calender at the check out desk. Until a customer complained. A woman complained.

Now they have a "You Might Be a RedNeck" calender.

IPF,
        We are not judging you. Honest.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Whata buncha wimps those guys are.
          Oh I agree, and hypocrites too! They got nicely pwnd by the new employees, though.
          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Ha! Me and a male coworker went back and forth for some weeks, changing the desktop photo in the crew lounge from Jennifer Connelly to Keith Hamilton Cobb over and over and over.

Comment

Hey, hey~ the best kinds of fights are the sexy fights! :3
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                Ha! Me and a male coworker went back and forth for some weeks, changing the desktop photo in the crew lounge from Jennifer Connelly to Keith Hamilton Cobb over and over and over.
                Oh, well, you just needed a pic of Jennifer Connelly and Keith Hamilton Cobb in the same shot.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

Oh, yummers. Whatever happened to him anyway?
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X