Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These are not the keys you are after (short)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are not the keys you are after (short)

Had a brain burp when I got home one day. Ok..so it was after working 12 hrs, and being at college for another 4..but still..

Got home, went to unlock my door...with my car key. Now, that would be bad enough..but seeing as the door was unlocked, and slightly open (other people live there, so it wasn't a break in or anything) .....

Ok, so this wasn't a work brain burp, but I do have one of those also .

Was in my office, and had just used my badge to open the gate for somebody. Sat the badge down..and left the office. Now the problem is..without the badge, I can't get back IN the office. Luckily one other person who works for facilities has a badge that can open the door.
    Last edited by Mytical; 10-30-2010, 07:17 AM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

I've done something like that. Used manager keys to open a door (the door that ONLY the manager keys can open, mind you!), set them down, do my thing, close the door...I had to use the special emergency key to get them back.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I got home one day and had a bag of trash in my car to throw away. So I grabbed the bag, got out of my car, threw my keys in the dumpster, and proceeded to walk inside with a bag of trash!

Fortunately the dumpster was full and my keys were right on top...
      To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
      my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
        I got home one day and had a bag of trash in my car to throw away. So I grabbed the bag, got out of my car, threw my keys in the dumpster, and proceeded to walk inside with a bag of trash!

Fortunately the dumpster was full and my keys were right on top...
        Man...and i thought i had some really bad blond moments :P lol
        I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

I do stuff like this when I'm tired, and even worse stuff, like running stop signs o_O
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You know it's been a long day when you catch yourself trying to unlock your front door by pushing the unlock button on the electronic fob for your car key.

You know it's going to be a long day when you catch yourself trying to open your office in the morning the same way.
            Women can do anything men can.
            But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
            Maxine

Comment

Or worse, wondering for 10 minutes why your key just won't fit in the lock. Yes I did this today. Was so tired and out of it I tried to open a door with the wrong key for 10 minutes, and couldn't understand WHY it wouldn't fit.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Did the badge thing last week. I'm doing clinicals at a local hospital in the surgery dept. After my day, I changed, put my stuff in the locker, ran to the bathroom, and walked out. Got halfway down the stairs and realized I had left my badge on the locker room bench. Had to wait for someone to come out so I could get it. I need it to get into the surgery dept and in & out of the parking garage without paying.

The week before that, walked out of the hopsital and started searching my bag for my car keys. Walked across the street, down the sidewalk, and into the bottom floor of the garage still searching. Began to panic because I couldn't find my keys anywhere.

They were in my hand the entire time.
                Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those members of it who are dead. - Good Omens

Comment

The other night I came home late, and tried to unlock my house with my car
                  keys. I started the house up. So, I drove it around for a while. I was
                  speeding, and a cop pulled me over. He asked where I lived. I said, "right
                  here, officer". Later, I parked it on the freeway, got out, and yelled at all
                  the cars, "Get out of my driveway!" -- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth AdamaGeist View Post
                    The other night I came home late, and tried to unlock my house with my car keys. I started the house up. So, I drove it around for a while. I was speeding, and a cop pulled me over. He asked where I lived. I said, "right here, officer". Later, I parked it on the freeway, got out, and yelled at all the cars, "Get out of my driveway!" -- Steven Wright
                    For some reason I'm imagining that as spoken by Arlo Guthrie, a la Alice's Restaurant.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I have 3 keys on my main keyset. One is gold and opens the stockroom. One is black and obviously a car key and the last one is the home key, with a classic mickey Mouse design printed on it.

I mix up these keys REGULARLY.
                      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
                      X