This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!*

So, I was a child of the '90s, which probably makes me one of the younger folks here. Those of you who either were kids or had kids at that time might remember the Batman Animated Series that ran in the early-mid 90's (now that I'm older, I realize it's wasted on kids...). Li'l Sis, Li'l Bro, and I watched it religiously every day at 4:30pm. A couple years ago, I saw a box set of the complete series at Best Buy and had to restrain myself from running and squeeing down the aisle. But alas, it was expensive, we were poor and I couldn't get it. And then when I found out it went out of print, I cried (ok not really. But I was very very sad).

I found it again on Amazon. But sellers there were charging a rediculous amount of money for it. $200+ even for heavily used items. So again I shed a tear or two since chances of ever owning my beloved Batman were looking slimmer and slimmer.

And today, a light appeared! Another website has it brand new, factory sealed, never seen the light of day for $66! I feel a glimmer of hope since Friday is pay day and I worked a LOT of hours last week. It should be a pretty fat paycheck. We've got some catching up to do on some bills, but surely there would be $66 left over.

I called hubby and told him of my cunning plan. Well, I asked him if we had $66 laying around that I might obtain my Bat MacGuffin. Quantities are limited afterall. He told me to just buy it and we'll figure out how to pay for it later (which is very unlike him. Will have to thank him properly later ). HAPPY DANCE OF JOY!!!

Yes, I am a geek and I am proud. Now to just get Batman Beyond and Justice League....
    Last edited by jedimaster91; 11-16-2010, 04:22 PM.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Yay!

I remember that series....was thought provoking for a children's show. A rarity in it's day.

And yay for hubby! Mine understands my need for fabric therapy after a hard day.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I am happy for you. That is a wonderful find. I am still waiting for the 1960's Batman show to be released on DVD. That's the one I remember from childhood.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Awesome. I'm tempted to ask you what site you found it on since I'm rather interested myself...

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
          now that I'm older, I realize it's wasted on kids...
          So very many cartoons are.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            I am happy for you. That is a wonderful find. I am still waiting for the 1960's Batman show to be released on DVD. That's the one I remember from childhood.
            OMG, I used to watch that on FX when I went to my grandmother's house. I have the movie. It's so campy and dirty and I love it!

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
            Awesome. I'm tempted to ask you what site you found it on since I'm rather interested myself...
            Since mine is secured, I'll share. Ebay.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I got all four of the DVD sets for my birthday like, four-five years ago.

Still happy to this day.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I too was a child of the 90s, so I grew up on that cartoon, as well as several others (Spider-Man and X-Men, mostly. Batman was really the only DC thing I liked). Awesome that you were able to find the DVDs for such a good price. :3

Also, there is no shame in proud geekiness. XD I myself am a proud geek and have extreme love of an entirely different fandom for which I've also spent amounts of money that my parents would kill me if they knew (anyone who actually is curious enough to wanna know, PM me and I'll tell ya what it is, as it's lately achieved 'guilty pleasure' status and people have been known to rag on me for my continued love of this show)
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                  Since mine is secured, I'll share. Ebay.
                  Thank you!

Comment

Well, now things are looking a bit....fishy. The seller is requesting payment straight through PayPal and not through Ebay. So he wants us to cancel the Ebay payment and repay to a different PayPal account. I could see this being legit--albiet dishonest to avoid Ebay's listing fees--but I'm not sure. I'm checking some sources including a friend of mine who makes his living selling on Ebay, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Anyone ever delt with this scenario before?

Comment

O.o I thought the only way you *could* get stuff on eBay was with a Paypal account. That's what I've used in the past. But, then, I don't use it all that often, so...
                      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

That's what I thought too. But apparently, he has an Ebay e-mail addy that's not connected to PayPal at all. His PayPal account has a separate e-mail and that's the one he wants us to use. Hubs and I don't want to lose Ebay's protection if this deal goes screwy, but at the same time, I hate to pass this up if it is legit.

Comment

If you've already paid through ebay then you've already paid. If he wanted to be paid in an alternate manner than he needed to have said so up front. This sounds really fishy to me. Check his seller's history and see if there are complaints about him pulling fast ones over on people.
                          Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

We ended up cancelling. Our friend suspected the guy was selling copies. His feedback is at 100%, but he only has 6 reviews. I'd rather pay a little extra and know I'm getting what I paid for.

Comment

Good decision.

As an aside, always pay via PayPal and always use a credit card or a bank card with credit protections for the funds.

That way, if anything goes wrong, you can first file a claim with PayPal (even if it's outside their window), and then go through your card provider if PayPal can't or won't help.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X