This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funky Office Dress Code

My workplace has the usual Business Casual dress code. We're pretty loose about it, though, so like my Supervisor wears 5 inch heels, and jeans are okay on non-Fridays (as long as it's not a habit).

I asked if I could start wearing my New Rock boots to work. Sup said she didn't see any reason why not!

This is them, only without the cross design on the front:

I have worn them to work before. Last Friday, since the office was technically closed, so no dress code enforcement.

Flaming skull buckles FTW!
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Those are some pretty bitchin' boots.

Of course, since my office is "it should be clean, nothing with holes, nothing indecent, and no open-toe shoes," I can get away with wearing just about anything I felt like.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think my wife needs a pair of those... (well I know if I show her this page, she will suddenly have a need for them, and i approve.)
      Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
      pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Who makes/sells those shoes?

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
          The company name is "New Rock." A search online will find you plenty of retailers.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
            New Rock. I don't think there are many stores in the US. The boots are made in Spain.

They are MEGA pricey, though. I only bought mine in a delirious splurgey mood.
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I wish there were descriptions on their site. (you can order direct)

They don't even tell you what they're made of, or I'd be ordering one of the "gothic" ones with the side lacing.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

LOL, I called it, my lady wants a pair now. Thanks for mentioning the brand I was going to ask for more details.
                Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

I must have those shoes!! **flies off to hunt for mega bitchin' boots**

I am about to do bad things to my checking account. Thanks!!
                  Last edited by SuperRTL; 12-07-2010, 03:50 AM. Reason: found it!
                  "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Didn't Ms. Breeden (Devils Panties) make a comic about buying one of those when she got to go to a con over the pond?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      Didn't Ms. Breeden (Devils Panties) make a comic about buying one of those when she got to go to a con over the pond?
                      That's how I discovered the brand. ^^

Though actually her mother got her a pair for her 25th birthday. *owns all 4 volumes*

Comment

Working...
                      X