This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partner Laid Off

I don't post here very much, but I love reading everyone's stories, and my heart goes out to people who have to deal with sucky customers, sucky managers, being laid off, going through the interview process...

My partner was laid off a few days ago. Awesome, right at the start of the holidays. I have a job, thank goodness, but I don't think it will be enough to cover everything. I'm very scared.

Partner will, of course, look for a new job. He was laid off because the company had to cut costs, not because he did anything wrong. He will get good references.

But what a time of year, what an economy....

Thanks for reading -- it helps to get it off my chest.

Was he able to manage a severance?
    My best wishes for you both.

Comment

All cost-cutting and layoffs should begin at the corporate/management level. It's just sick that the hard workers have to bear the brunt.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Thanks for the response and well wishes. No severance, I'm afraid. And no unemployment -- my partner is an independent contractor. Blah.

Comment

It isn't much, but I make a tiny bit of money at Amazon Mechanical Turk, enough to feed my reading addiction. But every little bit helps.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

best wishes for you that he finds something quickly.
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
            X