This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why it is important to reserve spots for all of your events

Several spots had to be reserved for events today. The biggest event was a luncheon for 25 guests starting at 12 p.m. This information is important.

My thoughts are in italics.

When the customer, who was here to attend a baby shower at 1 p.m., arrived at 10 a.m. (I have no idea why she arrived 3 hours early), Visitor parking was already reserved for events.

There were some non-reserved spots available, but those spots were already full when she arrived.

Here is what happened...

me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    female guest: "I am here for the baby shower on the 8th floor."

There is nothing on the Outlook calendar for a baby shower

me: "I'm sorry, but the garage is reserved for events, & so I have no available spots."
    female guest: "But I think I am here for one of the reserved events. It's the baby shower at 1 p.m. on the 8th floor."

I look at the Outlook calendar, but there is no reservation for any shower being held on the 8th floor. The only event being held at 1 p.m. is a Financial Aid dept. meeting.

me: "I'm sorry, but there is not a reservation for any kind of shower on the 8th floor at 1 p.m., & the garage is reserved for events, & so I have no available spots."

female customer: "So where do I park at?"

I direct her to the other lots near the campus. There were several open parking lots.

Several minutes later "Nancy", who works in the Parking office, the dept. over Visitor parking, calls. The Parking office is responsible for making parking arrangements based on the information they receive from the departments requesting reserved spots.

"Nancy": "Snugglegirl05, you turned away someone who was here for the 1 p.m. Financial Aid dept. meeting?"

The time is 10:15 a.m.

me: "Yes..because there were only enough spots for what is posted on the Outlook calendar."

I only go by what is posted on the Outlook calendar. The form the the university employee, requesting the reserved spots for that meeting, completed & sent to the Parking office read Financial Aid dept. meeting 1 p.m. Room 804

That form was attached as a PDF file to the Outlook calendar entry.

"Nancy": "If you look at the calendar, you will see the reservation for the Financial Aid dept. 1 p.m. meeting."

So I do that, & I tell her what the reservation reads.

"Nancy": "Ok..yeah..I see what you mean."

me: "Did she say what she was here for?"

She told me she was here for a baby shower

"Nancy": "I don't think so. I do not know. I will have to look at the Outlook calendar."

The time is now 10:20 a.m.

I hear someone speaking in the background. I could tell it was not one of the other Parking office employees. It was either the person who reserved the spots for the 1 p.m. Financial Aid dept. meeting or someone else who worked in that dept. because "Nancy" was speaking to her while she was looking at the calendar.

"Nancy" to the other person: "Well...there is a reservation for the Financial Aid dept. meeting at 1 p .m. What was your guest here for?"

other person: "She is here for the baby shower at 1 p.m. for one of our employees. We have 2 events being held today for the Financial Aid dept."

"Nancy": "Well...there is only one reservation for the 1 p.m. meeting, & the attendant can only go by what is on the calendar. Several other spots need to be reserved. What time did your guest arrive?"

other person: "At 10 a.m."

"Nancy": "Well...I can see how the attendant got confused. Your meeting is at 1 p.m., & the baby shower is at 1 p.m., but a reservation was not made for the baby shower. So that is why she was turned away."

other person: "Oh..yeah..I see"

"Nancy" gets back to me & asks me if there is at least one spot for that guest & can she park. I tell her yes.

I waited for her to return again, but she never did.

This is why it is important to reserve spots for every event your dept. is having.

I wonder who dropped the ball.

As for the luncheon for the 25 guests, only one guest arrived.

Last edited by snugglegirl05; 12-08-2010, 10:09 AM.

So, she was there for both events, or just the baby shower?

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
      So, she was there for both events, or just the baby shower?
      Only the baby shower

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
        As for the luncheon for the 25 guests, only one guest arrived.

I'm guessing they also forgot to mention the parking to these guests

Comment

Working...
        X