This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I feel upset about this?

Cashier A2 is going to become manager A2 and was discussing with me on Thursday that I should take her shifts. Full time, guaranteed 35 hours/week and a slight payraise due to me being at Aid of Rite 3 years. Great! I need the money but SM wasn't there that day so I make a mental note to talk to her when I see her on Friday. That didn't happen mostly because we were flipping BUSY.

Cashier is talking to Cashier S1 later Friday when I'm pricing the poinsettias that came in.

"Hey, did you hear that I'm taking A's shifts?"

What? What? WHAT?

Apparently K had went to SM and whined that she needed the shifts. And SM had given them to her with no questions asked. K had been whining earlier in the week that she'll quit if she doesn't get more hours.

Don't most managers ASK their other employees if they want the opportunity to switch shifts instead of handing them over to the first person who complains? Considering I've been longer than anyone else in the under 25 age group and need the money?
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Honestly I think it should have gone up for a bid with the most seniority person getting it.

Comment

Nope, at least at my store they won't. Those that do work and come in when asked, get shit on. Those that do some work and call out every three weeks, gets the promotion.

Should managers ask around first and look into who would be the best fit? They should but most won't.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

It's like that everywhere.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'd say something if I didn't think it would lead to problems.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

And this is where seniority should be your friend.

But it looks like your managers have no spine and no respect for the people who keep their place running as smoothly as possible.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yes you should be upset. Talk to SM ASAP.

Comment

Working...
              X