This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, but namedropping will not get you free parking

Guy drove up to the Visitor parking booth earlier this week. Here is what happened.

me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    guy: "Hi, I am here to go to the Biology dept. to speak with a professor. I was told I will get a token to exit."
    me: "Ok...just make sure you get one because you cannot exit without one."
    guy: "Ok...what happens if I do not get one?"
    me: "Well...make sure you get one because if you do not get one, then you will have to buy one for $5.00 on your own inside the bldg."
    guy: "Hey...don't you know *guy who was a supervisor of mine back in 2003 at parking company I currently work for*? I am a cousin of his."
    me: "Yea..I used to work for him. I believe he works at a different garage from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m."
    guy: "Do you know *parking company daytime manager who picks up time cards*?"
    me: "Yes"
    guy: "I know him too."
    me: "Ok"
    guy: *irritated at this point since his attempt at namedropping failed* "Ok...well...I think I will call them today"

He parks in the garage.

Several minutes later he walks up to the Visitor parking booth. This time he is pleasant. Here is what happened.

me: "Hi, how can I help you?"
    guy: "yes..hello ma'am...I did not get a token like the Biology dept. said I would. So what do I do?"
    me: "Well...you can go to the parking office on the third floor & tell them who you were here to see, where you went to, & see what they can do for you."

I gave him detailed directions on how to get to the parking office.

guy: "I have to go where?"

I repeat myself.

guy: "but I am late for my class, I have never been here before, I am new to this area, & I do not know where to go."
    me: "Well..I can call the parking office to see what they can do for you."
    guy: "Oh...ok"

So I call the parking office. "Nancy" answers the phone, & I tell her why I am calling. I hand the phone over to him. He tells "Nancy" the exact same thing he told me. She told him he had to pay for his parking. He tells her he has a credit card. She tells him the procedure to pay with his credit card.

He goes back into the bldg. to pay for his parking.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 12-12-2010, 05:57 PM.

How much is it? $5.00?

I'm continually amazed at how hard some people struggle to avoid paying all of $5.00. I know times are tough, but honestly...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You know, if The Aggravation Fairy showed up and said, "for ten bucks, you will have no aggravation at all today." I would reach into my pocket and hand him ten bucks without flinching or hesitating.

Some days, I might pay fifteen or twenty.

I'm just sayin'.

Comment

this just makes me thankful for the parking at my college.
        it's outdoor parking and sometimes it sucks when you have to walk a good distance through the snow but... at least it's free.

Comment

Working...
        X