This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Comes Early!

Okay, so I haven't exactly talked about this much before on the site, but now that I have the good news, I can say it.

I AM GETTIN' OUT OF RETAIL HELL!

I just got off the phone with my recruiter for my new job with a government contractor. My security clearance has been approved! I start work on Jan. 3, 2011!

I'll be doing computer service desk work, basically helpdesk-type things.

Obviously, given that it's for a government contractor, I won't be able to divulge much (if any!) of my experiences at the new job, but at least I may have worked my last holiday season in retail after this year.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

CONGRATS!

Comment

*Starts the happy dance* Congrats!!!
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Congratulations! Be sure you savor every Christmas you ruin while you still can!

Comment

Woop woop, well done :-)

Comment

Excellent!
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

You're so lucky. I'm so jealous.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Got back from my last shift a couple of hours ago.

Over the last couple weeks I've had a number of my coworkers congratulate me and also say "I hate you for leaving us, man!" I think everyone figured I was going to be a "lifer" because of how long I'd been there.

Several regulars were shocked to learn I was leaving as well, but everyone had a number of well-wishings for me, so I was happy.

There was no big going-away party thing, I think because I'd been telling everyone that my last day was going to be January 1st. Only I wasn't scheduled on that day when the schedule was finally put up.

I may stop in on Saturday, partly to say goodbye to everyone who hasn't already said goodbye, and partly to gloat.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                X