This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Label FAIL!

So in addition to your meats, vegetables and what have you for Christmas Day, we are also selling some cheap crappy toys.

One of the tags today read "Doctor/Vet QA Dress Up Kit"

The dresup kit was for a fireman.

We also had to pull a metric fuckton of Tic Tacs tonight because they were past the expiry date. That was fun.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
    We also had to pull a metric fuckton of Tic Tacs tonight because they were past the expiry date.
    ...who would know?
    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
    ~-~
    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

I saw on chcolate covered peanuts:

"Warning, processed in a factory that processes nuts"

I know it's a fairly common one, like peanut butter that says "Warning, may contain nuts"

I'd rather hope the peanut butter did contain nuts

Comment

well... technically Peanuts aren't nuts - they're more like beans...

Nuts refers to "tree nuts" such as Pecans, Walnuts, Cashews etc....

which is why people like my boss can be allergic to "Nuts" and eat peanuts..... they are actually allergic to tree-nuts.....

and you can make "almond-butter" or "Pecan-butter" etc and they're all processed in the same plant, there can be trace amounts of cross-contamination which is why they now have to put those warnings....

But i'm sure you really knew all that already.....
        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
          Yup. Legumes. Like peas.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post

which is why people like my boss can be allergic to "Nuts" and eat peanuts..... they are actually allergic to tree-nuts.....

and you can make "almond-butter" or "Pecan-butter" etc and they're all processed in the same plant, there can be trace amounts of cross-contamination which is why they now have to put those warnings....

But i'm sure you really knew all that already.....
            I actually didn't know most of that. I knew they were a type of legume, but I didn't realise about the allergies to 'tree-nuts'

You learn something new every day

Comment

Quoth Aisling View Post
              ...who would know?
              We are supposed to check expiry dates every so often. I'll do it occasionally on the impulse buy racks that don't sell much. These were dated for the 27/11/10.

If a customer gets one of these, eats them, then comes back and says that they're past the expiry date, then we're in major trouble. It's also against company policy for us to sell expired goods, we aren't allowed to discount them or sell them. I think it's a legal thing actually.

Comment

The whole nuts thing reminds me of my movie theater that had bulk candy where you could fill your own bag, and people would mix a dozen candies together, get upset that 3-lbs of candy cost so much, and try to distribute the candy back into the bins, which we couldn't allow because you can't put gummy bears back after they've been in contact with peanut M&Ms, and coconut clusters back after having touched the sour patch kids; all because of allergies, and because people couldn't read a 2ftby2ft sign that said "$1.95 per 1/4 lb"...
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

We are supposed to check expiry dates every so often. I'll do it occasionally on the impulse buy racks that don't sell much. These were dated for the 27/11/10.

If a customer gets one of these, eats them, then comes back and says that they're past the expiry date, then we're in major trouble. It's also against company policy for us to sell expired goods, we aren't allowed to discount them or sell them. I think it's a legal thing actually.
                  Hubby went to buy mayo a couple weeks ago. All he could find at our usual store expired last June. We bought mayo elsewhere.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                    Hubby went to buy mayo a couple weeks ago. All he could find at our usual store expired last June. We bought mayo elsewhere.
                    Was it that Sam 'n' Ella's brand?
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It's also against company policy for us to sell expired goods, we aren't allowed to discount them or sell them. I think it's a legal thing actually.
                      Not sure about the laws in your neck of the woods, but over here in the U of K land, we have two sorts of expiry dates. There's the best before, where it's recommended that you consume the goods before that date as the qualities that make it that product will deteriorate after said date.

Good example of this are things like biscuits where they'll go stale - won't kill you as a general rule.

Then there's the 'use by' date. I've never seen both - always one or the other. Use by is an absolute. Generally used on fresh products where you do face a risk to health - often things like meat and fish.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                        Not sure about the laws in your neck of the woods, but over here in the U of K land, we have two sorts of expiry dates. There's the best before, where it's recommended that you consume the goods before that date as the qualities that make it that product will deteriorate after said date.

Good example of this are things like biscuits where they'll go stale - won't kill you as a general rule.

Then there's the 'use by' date. I've never seen both - always one or the other. Use by is an absolute. Generally used on fresh products where you do face a risk to health - often things like meat and fish.

Rapscallion
                        There are a few places that will sell stuff past best before dates. We dump all of ours off to Foodbank. The lollies however DO have a "Use-by" date, so not really an option.

Comment

There's also the "sell by" or "display until" dates, which ensure that people can store them for a few days after buying, if they want to. I think you can sell those at a discount if they haven't moved by then.

It's common practice over here to slap a 30% or even 60% discount on things on their expiry day, at least during the last few hours of opening.

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post

Cashews are a special case because they are related to poison ivy
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X