This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bag checking

Well this was the Navy so bag checking was authorized and quite legal.

However reaching your hands INTO the bag wasn't. In fact doing so was considered to be very stupid because... what if there's a bomb in there?

Watch: *starts putting his hands into my bag*
    Me: No. You can't reach into my bag.
    Watch: We're suppose to search!
    Me: I will move the items for you.

Can't remember how that one turned out to be honest. But the watch was pretty pissed off at being told "no". Not that he could have gotten me in trouble for being uncooperative. I would gladly show the contents of my bag... I just didn't want his hands all up inside it.

I don't know why anyone would reach inside someone else's bag to search it. Besides something like a bomb, what if there's an exposed sharp edged item or a needle or something?

Funny Navy story:

My shop supervisor was waiting to leave the ship. We had an x-ray machine for scanning bags and he put our $100,000+ alignment tool on the belt and got in line to get off. The line was moving slower than the x-ray machine.

Crash. (insert breaking glass sound)

The poor guy running the machine looked so pale I thought he was going to faint on the spot and the LT on duty looked like he was going to either explode in rage or die of embarrassment.

New policy came out shortly after that incident: first there's a line for scanning, then there's a line to depart.

Comment

Wow the x-ray operator really fucked up.

My boyfriend told me one story where they demanded to scan his bags on the way in. So he told them he'd have to take the camera film out first and then handed the bag over.

They were surprised - and somewhat disappointed - that he handed them an empty bag. Yep it was all film.
      Last edited by PepperElf; 12-18-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Yeah. I've had to have somebody dump the contents out (I hated to, but even with them 'moving things around' it was so cluttered I couldn't tell if they had put a TANK in there lol), but other then that we have the person do things like "Turn your pockets inside out" etc if we need to search them. Of course we don't do cavity searches (Thank GOODNESS).
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

They don't have a stick to move things around in bags?
          "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

If I recall my training for Air Force Security Forces, if we were inspecting a bag, the person was to empty the bag themselves (partially for our safety, and partially for liability of breakables in the bag). It actually surprises me that the Navy wouldn't have the same policy, unless this guy missed that day of training.
            Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
            Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

he was just being obstinate. sometimes they like to make up their own rules when they don't know what the real rules entail

Comment

Working...
              X