This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's when I started crying

An SC successfully made me cry today. I think that such an accomplishment is like the Nobel Prize of SCs.

So I got to work this morning and I found out I was on Cash A. I loathe Cash A, because the belt randomly stops working. We have had people check it out, but apparently it is fine. Still every so often it just won't work. The easiest way to restart the belt is to hit it very hard with your right fist. However, I sprained my wrist two weeks ago, and I really didn't want to hurt myself. So when it stopped working early in the morning, I just flipped it to off and asked customers to simply push their items too me.

I was at my til talking with a customer about how I hoped things wouldn't get to crazy. This woman then butts in about how doors have locks to keep the crazies out. I point out that I can't lock the doors to the store, which is what I was discussing with my current customer. I bid him farewell, and a Merry Christmas, then turn to deal with the woman.

Me= Excuse me Ma'am, could you push your items up toward me. The belt is not working.
    SC= *turns to man behind her* I have never heard a cashier complain so much in my life. She just won't stop. It's Christmas, shouldn't it be a rule that all the cashiers should be happy. I mean, I have all these health problems and I'm happy. This girl must be a really horrible person to complain so much. You really don't expect service people to act like this. Etc

I don't know if it was the woman, the stress of the holidays, the fact I was on Cash A, or some culmination of everything, but my lip began to tremble. I think the worst thing was that the woman never spoke TO me, only to the other customers as if it was beneath her to speak to me. The man she was talking to was actually one of my favorite customers. He didn't say a word to her, but every time she turned her back to him he would make calming gestures and mouth kinds words.

The whole time I was waiting on her, the woman never stopped ranting to my whole line. Now normally I would have walked off by now, but I hadn't worked for Wally World long enough to know what to do in this case. Should I call a manager, should I walk off? So I stood there. Lip quivering, eyes filling up, breathing as slowly as a could. Finally I finished the woman's order.

Me=Your total is xxx
    SC= *Finally addressing me* You should really cheer up, hunny.
    Me= Your Total is XXX! SWIPE YOUR CREDIT CARD

She did. And I had her sign, and she finally left. The customer I like, who is a very sweet older man, just talked to me about how some people don't deserve anyone's time. How people pretend to be happy this time of the year, but are really miserable and want to make everyone else feel the same. However, I had started to cry by this point already (I happily didn't really cry until AFTER the SC left). My CSM came over, and told me that I didn't have to put up with people treating me badly. That I should just call a Manager, or walkaway if it happens again.

Then she sent me upstairs to calm down, and sent a manager to talk with me about it. The rest of the day was pretty great after that. 99% of my customers were happy and joking with me, but I still can't believe an SC made me cry.

The only other time I cried at work was when that SC grew thorned roses in my face at my first job at the grocery store.
    Last edited by hinakiba777; 12-20-2010, 09:03 PM.
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

I'm so sorry that nasty evil bitch got to you. Some people just aren't satisfied until they've made others as miserable as they themselves are.

It's easy to say, "don't let the bastards grind you down" but it's much harder to do. Though you can take comfort in the fact that at least you aren't her.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'd like to see that cunt have to work in retail for a while, and let's see how happy she is after serving shits like herself day after day! She wouldn't last a day, I'm sure!
      Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

The bad, horrible day at work

OMG Hina! I am soo sorry about that horrible cranky woman. If it makes you feel any better I actually made a SC mad at me, and she made me cry too. It didn't help that my birdy flew out the door earlier that day too (but we got him back later on), and this made me so hysterical that I couldn't work any longer.
        But I'm really happy that you have such good rapport with your customers that they tried to calm you down immediately after that EW left. Even better is that your CSW supported you and helped to calm you down too.

*dumps approximately 30 boxes of cookies at Hina's front door, along with treats for her animals*
        "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

for you
          and for the hag

sure it's the holidays but not everyone is happy
          that hag should realize that the best way to make someone happy is to be kind to them instead of being a bitch.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
            SC= *Finally addressing me* You should really cheer up, hunny.
            The only bit from her, excluding the "finally addressing" part, is this. If said in an honest, kind manner with a smile, it really can brighten a day.

The rest she pulled just proves she's a condescending bitch at heart though, so I doubt she would be capable of a little kindness.

Comment

Poor you.
              I had a boss that would tear me down like that, but my coworkers made him stop.
              But really, that lady was so mean for no reason! I would probably have started crying in front of her though, which would have meant she won. I'm glad you got a chance to sit and feel better though.
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

The hardest customers are not the ones who yell and scream, but the ones who belittle you and do the guilt and passive-agressive attacks. Hope you have a much better rest of the week!
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Don't know if it'll make you feel any better,but I've mentally smacked the bitch upside her ugly head for you.
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Here's some Christmas cookies and eggnog for you . . .

No matter how strong we are as people there is always SOME asshat who pushes the buttons just a little too hard.

You didn't scream or behave unprofessionally. Now you know you can just walk away or call for help.

You are stronger than that bitch. Never forget that.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Good lord what a bitch! Talk about complaining: Isn't that what she was doing? And yeah, right, "there should be a rule that you have to be happy." It doesn't work that way!

It's easier to be cheerful when you don't have super-critical pisspots in your line. I hope she never comes back to the store.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I have never heard a cashier complain so much in my life. She just won't stop. It's Christmas, shouldn't it be a rule that all the cashiers should be happy. I mean, I have all these health problems and I'm happy.
                        um no "lady" hinakiba complained about one thing-the "crazies" of which you are one if you think bitching to others is "being happy and not complaining"

*offers hugs and acetaminophen for the sprained wrist*
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

It's Christmas, shouldn't it be a rule that all the cashiers should be happy.
                          Sorry, but you can't force people to be happy. Ever. Besides, it's Christmas, shouldn't there be a rule that people aren't allowed to slam stores in the week before Christmas to the point I don't have to show up to work 20+ minutes early to find a parking spot? Or a rule that I don't have to put up with idiots arguing with me about suphedrine? I didn't think so

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I love people like the customer you mentioned after her. It's people like him who show up and make it tolerable to show up for our jobs.
                          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post
                            I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'd like to see that cunt have to work in retail for a while, and let's see how happy she is after serving shits like herself day after day! She wouldn't last a day, I'm sure!
                            DITTO!

What an evil bitch!
                            Retail Haiku:
                            Depression sets in.
                            The hellhole is calling me ~
                            I don't want to go.

Comment

I'm right there with you. I'm rapidly losing my patience with customers who can't seem to grasp the concept of "wait your turn" myself.
                              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X