This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales From The Hobby Department 2.5

....I was going to wait till the end of next week for another installment. But tonight warranted a post of it's own......I have gotten the details as close as I can remember them, a coworker took a picture and has promised to send it to me so I can show you.......

Adventures in Figurines....the Apocalypse

I'm not sure exactly what happened. The only conclusion I have come to is that some lines were crossed and some boundaries were severely overstepped. But I digress... allow me to start from the beginning of this epic tale.

It started out as a normal night in the Hobby department. The store was closing and I was making my nightly rounds to clean up after the last few stragglers who can't seem not to touch the model cars.

I find a lone cowboy standing amid the science kits, I think nothing of it at the time...some child probably just left him there. How wrong I was.... you see it turns out he was the only smart one who escaped the EPIC battle that was being waged one aisle over.

I round the corner and the sight that greats my eyes is something I will not soon forget. Five panels ((That's about 6 feet for those of you wondering)) of boxed items are being used as the battle field for a war that I can only assume was caused by some monstrous disagreement.

In the center a cowboy with two guns rides valiantly into battle on top of MEGA T-Rex and support troops flank him populated by more cowboys and a few Jockeys ... this normally would be a scale tipping factor, but he is confronted by an army of Indians and Jockeys.

On the Indian team we have: Chief Frozen Land atop his trusty Woolly Mammoth. He is backed by Chief Sitting Spike and his Warrior brave atop their Stegosaurus. Two Indians sporting wolf skins flank either side, one rides in on a horse....the other on the back of a black Labrador retriever... An Indian with a bow and arrow reigns in a Giraffe from the far left to take the enemy by surprise. A young indian boy rides a Ewe into battle. A male jockey rides in on a saddled horse and a female jockey on a Raccoon brings in the rear.

For the Cowboys we have: Of course the man toting Colts on top of MEGA REX, Two of his fellow cowboys flank him, both on saddled horses. A fourth cowboy (with a lasso) comes in behind riding a zebra to aid in the battle.
    A cowboy and Indian team (i'm not sure if it was a traitor or if the Indian was trying to over take the cowboy) ride off to the right on a Moose. Another cowboy is on the left riding a Holstein bull, as is a jockey. And two jockeys bring up the rear on a black bear and a grizzly bear.

Further down the I find another Mega-Rex, eating a poor hapless Indian Maiden... three Indians -Chief OhCrap, his wolf skin warrior and a bow man -(now distracted from the battle) Fight the T-Rex to save the poor mangled woman.

A bit further past that I find two cowboys (on their respective horses) fighting it out.... it would seem that just thinking about what they did was not a good enough reprieve....

....Somehow the Red and Blue Knights managed to stay out of all of it....
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

LOL Oh mygod that's fun! How'd that get set up without anyone noticing I wonder?

Comment

I love your posts. I always think of Night at the Museum reading them. Night at the Hobby Dept! They come to life and do battle!
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

And here I used to discipline my kids for setting up little scenes with those figures! I should have let them loose and see what kind of mayhem they could have staged.

Time to take the Evil Prince to the Hlobby for a little reconnaissance.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I know what's missing! A witch on the battlefield. Let the men foolishly fight each other while she'll seize control over them all with help from the weather.

Besides. They needed a woman in that battle, anyway.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm with EvilEmpress -- I used to fuss at my little girl for doing such things in our hobby shop and make her put them all back -- until the owner told me not to worry, that "as long as none of them disappear, I and the employees like seeing what she and the kids come up with". So I just told her as long as they stayed on that aisle that she could play with them.

I don't think she ever came up with something THIS crazy, but she did have fun (still does).

I LOVE your stories!
            I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
              LOL Oh mygod that's fun! How'd that get set up without anyone noticing I wonder?
              Everyone who mans the back corner of the store ((I.E. Me, the Jewelery girl, Crafts CW and Scrap booking)) were all on register, and the Frame shop was busy.

Quoth Kristev View Post
              I know what's missing! A witch on the battlefield. Let the men foolishly fight each other while she'll seize control over them all with help from the weather.

Besides. They needed a woman in that battle, anyway.
              If only we sold the Witches... the company we use ((Safari)) makes a huge fantasy line but all we carry out of it is the fairy queen and the Knights.... no dragons... no witches...
              "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
              -Red

Comment

woohoo there's a hobby lobby here within driving distance of where i now live. my bf and i went there yesterday - and i told him about the stories from here - but they were closed. will have to come back another day to see what the place looks like (was hoping to see what crazy things the figurines were doing )

Comment

I love Schleich toys!

Comment

Please keep posting! Your stories are adorable and hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                    X