X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to spend the New Year?

Or the week leading up to it.

So, I've been terminated from the bent staple. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, but let me just say that it wasn't for something illegal. The numbers didn't look right in my system and while it wasn't because I was intentionally trying to screw with them, our new manager was on a slash and burn mission anyhow and decided to throw me under the train tracks as an example to the rest.

Top seller of plans be damned. The lion king needed to clear his pride out.

I wound up having a mental break down and I spent some time in the psychward of Salem's hospital.

Now a week into the new year, I may be getting a job at a nursing home as a dishwasher. As long as my background check clears, and there's no reason it shouldn't.

Wish me luck, burn a green candle, or keep me in your prayers please.

Here's luck to you! And a
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Bloody hell. Thinking about you, but take care of yourself.

Rapscallion

Comment

Sorry for what happened, hun. Hope things get better for you *sends hugs and cookies*
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

That sucks. Good luck with the job.

Comment

Not good, not good at all. Glad you are on the up, but take care of yourself.
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

I'm sorry you lost your job. And please, take care of yourself. Consider the candle burned.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Oh that sucks. I hope you're feeling better now! Good luck from here on!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

So, I had my "job preview", which was fun. It was basically a run through of the things I'd be responsible for as the evening dishwasher. Pretty basic, but I wasn;t officially starting the job yet. I had to go all the way out to Cummings Center for a drug test at a facility that's located in a large maze of office buildings in the middle of ice and snow covered Beverly. Because heaven forbid I go one full year without having to do the fucking ididarod just to get something done.

My landlord wants to know when I'll be getting my next paycheck, because that's basically the only thing keeping me living in his house. The notion that I do have a job and that I will get paid for doing it, eventually. But the drug test could take anywhere from twenty-four hours to three days. So that's another uncertainty I have to deal with this week.

It's to the point where I think I should have milked the psych ward stay for every second. At least until the warmer weather hit.

Comment

At least your landlord is willing to work with you. ... >_> he is willing, right?
                    sorry you were in the hospital-- nervous breakdowns sound like they're just as pleasant as a diabetic coma! (ie very much NOT.)
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Update: So, I'm in the homeless shelter now. And today my laptop died.

The library computers are pretty decent, but it's such a nice day that I'm trying to take the fact that I'm not freezing my balls off as a good sign. (Knowing full well that this is New England in the tail end of winter and that I'm not even halfway through the worse of it yet)

Going to try to apply to The big Orange Home Improvement Place this week as they have a ton of positions for cashier open.

Comment

Best of luck, Nate.
                        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                        X