Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was the customer in this instance...

BEST customer service story: I bought a bag of Jack Links turkey jerky. I love this stuff. I used to buy it EVERY DAY. (okay, i was a loser). Well, after eating a couple of pieces, I pulled out a larger piece, and EWW, it was COVERED in mold! I was so TOTALLY grossed out. The packaged on date was just the previous week, and the "sell by" date was still a week or two away (this stuff has an awesome shelf life, but they still make sure that stores only have a fresh supply).

So I phoned the store I'd bought it from so they could check the rest of their supply, and then went to the Jack Links website and submitted a very polite letter saying I just wanted to let them know that this batch might be off, and gave them the code numbers that the website wanted (the form also asked for the address of the store I bought it at, so I looked that up and submitted it as well). The Contact us form asked for my phone number, so I put in my office number, not thinking anything of it.

The next day, I get a phone call from their customer service department. These people are HORRIFIED that I found moldy product, they say it's only ever happened twice before since the company was founded, etc., and were extremely apologetic. I said "it's fine, I just wanted to let you know"... so they asked for my mailing address. I figured they were going to send me a coupon or something.

Next day, the mailroom calls to say I have a package. It was a fairly large box... My curiosity (and that of my coworkers) got the better of me and I ripped it open. Inside the box were SIX full-size packages (not the single sticks, or the small bags, but the LARGE bags) of different flavors of jerky!!!! I was stunned!!! I ended up distributing the bags among my coworkers, kept one for me, and gave one to my ex, and at least three coworkers have become loyal customers now as well. I wrote another letter to the company saying that I had never seen a company go so far to rectify what, in my opinion, was a *small* issue, and that I was very impressed. (I found out that they also went to the store where I'd bought the stuff, pulled ALL the product from the shelves, and replaced it with new, at no cost to the store!)

Suffice to say, I tell everybody how great Jack Links is, and how committed they are to customer service (but I haven't told anybody about the free product, because I don't want people taking advantage of them LOL) and how great their products are. I wanna have that customer service lady's babies
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Quoth tollbaby View Post
    The next day, I get a phone call from their customer service department. These people are HORRIFIED that I found moldy product, they say it's only ever happened twice before since the company was founded, etc.,
    Insurance companies tend to insist on the companies telling people that there have been no or very few complaints. Probably the reason why.

Rapscallion

Comment

ah well, I was still pretty damn impressed with their solution. I only e-mailed them to let them know, and they went above and beyond. Granted, they may have plied me with free product to keep me quiet about it, but hey, they didn't have to send nearly as much as they did
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
        ...The next day, I get a phone call from their customer service department. These people are HORRIFIED that I found moldy product, they say it's only ever happened twice before since the company was founded, etc., and were extremely apologetic.
        If they weren't just saying it to appease you as a customer I've got news for Jack Links... it happens more often than they think. Usually the problem is a failed seal on the bag. No one's particular fault but it happens.

A similar thing happened to my son with Sees Candy. He ordered something from the catalog and received something similar but different (and smaller than he ordered) He asked if he could write a letter and I let him. I honestly didn't think it would even see a desk but sure enough, they sent him the correct item with a letter of apology. Without telling him to, he called customer service to tell them thanks. (he's 11)

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
        ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
          Without telling him to, he called customer service to tell them thanks. (he's 11)
          Geez! What kind of Parent are you? Raising a kid that is thoughtful and considerate?

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Working...
          X