Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But there aren't any flaws in the photo!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But there aren't any flaws in the photo!

I just got a message from somebody I sold a little figurine to, whining that it's not in perfect mint condition, and if she'd known it wasn't perfect, she'd never have bought it. Wah, wah, wah. This thing was part of a HUGE lot of stuff I was selling, and I didn't list the condition of any of them, I just put up photos of the batch with the (I thought obvious) assumption that if somebody cared about the condition of individual items, they'd ask me.

Now she's saying that the photo looked like it was mint, and apparently it's all my fault. I never claimed the damn thing was mint. I never claimed it was anything at all. And the photo in question is 1.) tiny, 2.) blurry, and 3.) has horrible washed-out flash. I'm really bad at taking photos. I expect people who care about mint condition to ASK ME and then I'll happily describe any flaws in detail.

How the hell this twit-head thought the awful, horrible, terrible photo proved the thing was in mint condition, I have no idea. WTF seriously.

The kicker is that she bought this thing for a lousy two bucks. Two bucks! I'd never bother to whine like this over two bucks. In fact I've gotten things that were completely ruined and dog-chewed when the photo didn't show it, and I didn't whine like this. I've asked her what she wants me to do, and I've no idea what reply she'll give. Returning it is absurd, the shipping will be more than the thing cost.

This is tiny, and I probably shouldn't care, but I was having a really good day until this idiot decided to whine at me.

Edit: OMG what a BITCH! I asked her "what would you like me to do?" expecting her to ask for a refund, and I was willing to give it to her, even if it was going to be grudging and just for the sake of not getting bad feedback. But no. No, that's not what she wants. Did you know what her response was?

"Nothing, I just wanted to you to know how disappointed I am."

So she was whining at me just to make me feel bad! For her stupidity! AUGH! She has been added to my black list and I am never, ever, ever, ever dealing with her again. And I told her that in no uncertain terms.
    Last edited by spark; 01-27-2011, 07:35 PM.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

I am stupidly obsessed over good pictures in my listings because of people like her.

Why complain if you don't want anything resolved??? And seriously- 2 bucks? Good gravy! You'd think you ripped her off for a grand!
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

I'd reply with:

"So am I. To know that there is someone who wants to make my life miserable over a lousy $2.00 based on a poor quality photo not looking like a used figurine she received is totally disappointing.
      YOU are disappointed? You can only imagine how disappointed I am over the fact that you are a representative of my species."

Or something to that nature. Geez, what a self-centered bitch...
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

That's what I don't get! If she didn't want a refund, and didn't expect me to fix the problem, then what the flip is the point of saying anything at all?

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
        I'd reply with:

"So am I. To know that there is someone who wants to make my life miserable over a lousy $2.00 based on a poor quality photo not looking like a used figurine she received is totally disappointing.
        YOU are disappointed? You can only imagine how disappointed I am over the fact that you are a representative of my species."
        Man, I wish I'd thought of that, that's a great comeback.
        Last edited by Peppergirl; 01-28-2011, 05:03 AM. Reason: merged
        The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Quoth spark View Post
          I just got a message from somebody I sold a little figurine to, whining that it's not in perfect mint condition, and if she'd known it wasn't perfect, she'd never have bought it. Wah, wah, wah. This thing was part of a HUGE lot of stuff I was selling, and I didn't list the condition of any of them, I just put up photos of the batch with the (I thought obvious) assumption that if somebody cared about the condition of individual items, they'd ask me.

Now she's saying that the photo looked like it was mint, and apparently it's all my fault. I never claimed the damn thing was mint. I never claimed it was anything at all. And the photo in question is 1.) tiny, 2.) blurry, and 3.) has horrible washed-out flash. I'm really bad at taking photos. I expect people who care about mint condition to ASK ME and then I'll happily describe any flaws in detail.

How the hell this twit-head thought the awful, horrible, terrible photo proved the thing was in mint condition, I have no idea. WTF seriously.

The kicker is that she bought this thing for a lousy two bucks. Two bucks! I'd never bother to whine like this over two bucks. In fact I've gotten things that were completely ruined and dog-chewed when the photo didn't show it, and I didn't whine like this. I've asked her what she wants me to do, and I've no idea what reply she'll give. Returning it is absurd, the shipping will be more than the thing cost.

This is tiny, and I probably shouldn't care, but I was having a really good day until this idiot decided to whine at me.

Edit: OMG what a BITCH! I asked her "what would you like me to do?" expecting her to ask for a refund, and I was willing to give it to her, even if it was going to be grudging and just for the sake of not getting bad feedback. But no. No, that's not what she wants. Did you know what her response was?

"Nothing, I just wanted to you to know how disappointed I am."

So she was whining at me just to make me feel bad! For her stupidity! AUGH! She has been added to my black list and I am never, ever, ever, ever dealing with her again. And I told her that in no uncertain terms.
          This is why I prefer to sell things (especially small china figurines, like my old Wade pottery figures collection) through Craigs List or local collector's fairs instead of ebay, so people can see the item first. Way too many people will see a small flaw in the original glaze, clearly shown in a photo, and then yell it's damaged, not "mint" - and they want their money refunded, to keep the figure, and your first born by return post.

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

This wasn't on ebay, this was through a small collectors community. And until now everybody who's cared about mint condition has specifically asked. But this batch was the last time I'll be doing this there, I've managed to get rid of everything, and I'm done with it, thank heavens.

Comment

WTF, it's just getting more and more crazy.

She just responded to my telling her that I won't be doing business with her again, by saying she didn't mean to make me feel bad, she just wanted a refund, but she didn't think I'd give her one.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. I ask what she wants. She says she doesn't want anything, just to let me know that she's disappointed. But this is a LIE because she wants a refund... and she thinks she's more likely to get one by saying she doesn't want one? I guess?

I will never understand people.

Comment

OK, if she hadn't pulled that last part, I would have at least sympathized with her a bit -- I can certainly understand lodging a complaint "just to let you know" -- tho she did take the wrong approach about it.

However, that last bit negated any benefit of the doubt I might have otherwise afforded her.
                Last edited by EricKei; 01-28-2011, 01:52 PM.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

She's a stupid twit.

She already told you she didn't want anything done (and you don't have anything left to sell), so I'd just let her stew in her own stupid-juices.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I decided to give her the damn refund, because frankly, it's just two bucks and it gives me the utter moral high ground. So I can feel like I won. (Pathetic, I know, but satisfying.)

She's still banned from buying anything from me ever again though.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      OK, if she hadn't pulled that last part, I would have at least sympathized with here a bit -- I can certainly understand lodging a complaint "just to let you know" -- tho she did take the wrong approach about it.

However, that last bit negated any benefit of the doubt I might have otherwise afforded her.
                      Yeah, how you go about it makes a world of difference.

Although I'm not sure what point there would be in telling me it was scuffed if she didn't want a refund like she initially said. I knew it was scuffed already, after all. Just to let me know that she was picky? I can't remember everything about every customer I deal with. Just to let me know... what, I should describe everything in a huge lot in tiny minute detail? I'm never doing that in a billion years, there were more than a hundred items in this, and most of 'em priced at just a dollar or two, some even fifty cents. Not worth the effort. And how do you politely tell somebody to change how they do things? I can't picture a way to say it that doesn't come across as snotty and condescending.

Complaining just to complain doesn't really accomplish anything, in my book. I never do it, and I never appreciate it. I could see it with a company maybe, where you're complaining to change corporate policy, but then that's not complaining just to complain, that's with a purpose.

If you want to vent that you're upset, you do it to your friends (or on message boards! ) but not to the person you're doing business with. Sellers don't want advice from their customers, and are unlikely to change how they do business on your say-so, so it doesn't do anything except create ill will.

Just my opinion, but I've really never heard of a case where somebody complained "just to let you know" and it accomplished anything except annoy people.

Comment

Quoth spark View Post
                        WTF, it's just getting more and more crazy.

She just responded to my telling her that I won't be doing business with her again, by saying she didn't mean to make me feel bad, she just wanted a refund, but she didn't think I'd give her one.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. I ask what she wants. She says she doesn't want anything, just to let me know that she's disappointed. But this is a LIE because she wants a refund... and she thinks she's more likely to get one by saying she doesn't want one? I guess?

I will never understand people.
                        O_o

The crazy is strong with this one.
                        "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

I had an idiot like that a few years ago. I sold her a used book for about half the price that it sold for through used book dealers. Great deal, and it got there quickly. Her complaint? That it smelled "musty." Yeah, well, it's a 25 year old book, and it just travelled halfway across the continent in a padded envelope. I bet you'd smell musty under those conditions too.

Same response, that she didn't want a refund, she just wanted to let me know that it smelled "old" and she was disappointed. Ugghh, just makes you want to bang your head against the wall and scream, "Get a life you old bitty!" I think some people have to have something to complain about, or they run the risk of having their heads explode.
                          Last edited by BigBird; 01-28-2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Wow. All of this drama over $2.00? That's insane.

She takes passive-aggressive to a WHOLE new level. Someone in her life CLEARLY must kowtow to her petty manipulations and she ends up expecting it everywhere she goes.

Or....she's just batshit.

$2.00 is well worth being rid of the bitch. And good call on black listing her too.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

it's the same as the idiots who say "it's the principle of the thing," without wanting any resolution. they just want to complain about something...anything to make their life feel worthwhile.
                              look! it's ghengis khan!
                              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                              X