X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid people are far more dangerous than evil ones

So, yeah. Just got out of the shower.

I had to shower because I was covered with fire fighting foam and dry fire extinguisher chemicals.

The reason I was covered with said substances was because the FUCKING MORON that lives in the neighborhood behind my property set a leaf pile on fire in his backyard AND THEN GOT IN HIS CAR AND FUCKING LEFT.

Thank God and Jesus he did this act of profound criminal negligence today, and not during the week when most of my neighbors are gone to work.

I heard all these dogs barking and go outside to see what on earth the commotion is and I see a huge wall of black smoke and a line of orange flames running through my neighbor's backyard. Our properties are separated by chain link. so no tellling what was going on back there. I grab a cell phone and a fire extinguisher and head out, dialing 911.

By the time the window licker that answered the 911 call started waking up, I heard sirens. The other neighbors were on it quicker than I was, evidently. I had to put out some logs in the back of my place. The firemen were on it by the time I got back there, but it's dry and breezy here, and was spreading really fast, so they actually thanked me for hitting the smaller fires while they took care of the major areas.

Only the edge of my property was on fire. I'm going to have to do some recon on my neighbor's place tonight (I'll be up later tonight) to make sure he doesn't have an underground fatwood fire going on back there. That can happen. His place had some serious involvement.

So this idiot behind me burned up his entire backyard, his next door neighbor's backyard, and damaged three people's property in my neighborhood, including mine. All because he's fucking stupid.

On the flip side, they sent a hot fireman (pardon the pun) out to my place to get my info for their report because they were putting out a fire over here. So at least I got a little eye candy for my trouble.

And how was your Saturday?

What the.......? Fires need watching. Where did this boy buy his brain? *headdesk*

I'm glad nobody was hurt.
    Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 01-29-2011, 10:52 PM. Reason: didn't engage brain before hitting post....
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I have long suspected this guy of being an asshole. Now I have my suspicions confirmed.

Not happy.

Can you imagine if he'd done this later in the evening and then it got dark as it was getting out of hand? Or if everyone was gone to work?

He needs a beatdown. And a stiff fine. I really wish I knew what the fire department was going to do to him.

Comment

I'm sure there's going to be a fine involved, as well as a stern talking-to. It's a damned good thing you were home when it happened.

Not such a bad thing to see a firefighter though, is it? They don't make bad-looking ones, in my experience.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I hope the moron is punished for doing something so stupid and dangerous. That's outrageous, starting a fire and leaving it unattended.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I can only hope he is being thoroughly cornholed by the county even as we speak. The hot fireman that I spoke to (and you're right, they don't seem to make ugly ones, the one I talked to over the fence in the woods was fairly easy on the eyes, too) had a look on his face that suggested that the guy who started it (hearafter referred to as "Fucking Moron", or FM) was in some serious shit.

I mean, you cause that level of calamity and damage to four properties in addition to his own, I don't know how you could NOT be in some serious shit.

Comment

Shoulda grabbed the hose,with a sprayer on it it'd cool the area & you could put out hot spots.

Criminal negligence is a good start for charges,hopefully you've got a bad-ass DA that'll charge the fuckin' moron with Arson,hell throw in Attempted Murder since people were home.

On a lighter note,here comes The Fireman
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Well, the Police Chief lives on the street. So there's that.

I yanked the hose out of the front yard and pulled it around back in case I needed to water down the yard. I figured I could hook both hoses together (I have one in the back, too). But the problem is that I live on a wooded acre, and my property is long and narrow. Hoses would have been a last resort for me, if the fire had come up close to my actual yard and my house. Even the both of them together would not have reached the back perimeter. If that had happened, I would have been too busy orchestrating an emergency evac of my kid and my insurance info and stuff like my photo albums and whatnot to actually start watering down a fire that at that point would have been too big to fight with a garden hose.

Comment

Did his house/cars on cinderblox/etc get damaged at all?
                  ( I am so, so glad no one died or got hurt, and nothing vital got burned down, assuming you'd mention that.)
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

OK,gotcha RK,live on 2.5 acres myself,not wooded but only 40 yards from the treeline,hoses ain't gonna be much help.
                    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

No, no damage that I could see to his or his unfortunate next door neighbor's house.

And no, we were all extremely fortunate today that as pissed off as we all were, it could have been about a million times worse. Nobody lost their life, nobody lost any pets, and nobody lost their home.

I mean, we were joking around with the guy who's property burned the most (my next door neighbor) after it all happened. He was saying, "Well, I wanted to clear some of that brush back there..."

And my own husband was saying too bad our deck didn't burn down (it's a piece of shit).

We were a little freaked out to discover that a dog kennel belonging to FM's neighbor (who evidently wasn't home, either) was totally burned out, and me and two other neighbors discovered the firemen poking around in there with a shovel. No dog in there, though, which was a great relief to everyone.

So yeah. We were all extremely lucky today.

Comment

Ow. That level of stupid induces migraines. I hope the police and fire department press every charge they can against him. A nice long stay at the Greybar Hotel and some seriously hefty fines might make him rethink his policy of setting fires and ignoring them.

I'm glad you and your family and neighbors are okay. Close calls like that, you can do without.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

How serious is your property damage? The neighbors? They can file for damages against his homeowners insurance.

What a MORON! So, did he offer any excuse for being such an asshat?
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Well, the only damage to the three on my street was "forest fire" type damage. The worst is next door to me (and I got to go out there shortly and make sure there are no fatwood fires popped back up) and it's just burned brush, singed trees, and churned up ground where the firemen dug up. The back ends of the properties are just wild woods. My property has about thirty or forty feet along the fence and between a foot to three feet in burned from the fence. There's not any real damage to speak of, unless you count burnt leaves and ground debris.

Now FM's neighbor, on the other hand, lost a dog kennel (empty, thank God). So he's probably gonna have something to say about it.

The reason the title of this is not "Kinkoid gets into profanity-laced butt-reaming blessing out with neighbor" is because FM has yet to show his face. At least to us.

Heck, maybe he's visiting our boys in blue down at the substation. One can hope.

EDIT: Oh, lookie, we got a little news blurb: http://www.thestate.com/2011/01/29/1...n-spreads.html Stupid fuck. Well, I can tell you, he wasn't no seventy five feet from either his house nor the property line. Evidently some sheds were burned? I didn't see that. I saw one got singed, but it didn't look all that damaged to me. But then, I didn't go over onto that property, either. So I'm sure I didn't see everything.
                            Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 01-30-2011, 02:11 AM. Reason: Oh, lookie here...

Comment

I'd say that he's going to get what he deserves, after reading that story.
                              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                              X