This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Boss!

This is the first boss in all the years I've been at my job (and I've had a few) who is not afraid to go head to head with her boss when she doesn't think something is fair or right for her people. She is the only boss I have had at this job that does not just sit back and take whatever the big boss says and leave it at that. She is always up to challenge the big boss when she doesn't feel it's the right decision.

She doesn't always win, but she still fights for us anyway.

The latest thing that she went up to bat with her boss over, for something for us, she won.

I thanked her profusely. I hope she knows that we all appreciate that she does this. There are so many plush supervisors at that place that take everything from upper management as concrete/said and done, and don't ever challenge it.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Wait... Are you allowed to not have a rubber-spine boss in that place?

... be sure to get a cell sample while you can, so you can start the cloning process early.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      I thanked her profusely. I hope she knows that we all appreciate that she does this. There are so many plush supervisors at that place that take everything from upper management as concrete/said and done, and don't ever challenge it.
      This is wonderful. I really, REALLY hope she doesn't get chased out with pitchforks by the other supervisors. After all, rubber-spined management is a rule at your place, right?

I kid, I kid. I'm really happy you finally got a decent one after all this time. Hug her every day and tell her you love her.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I doubt that, she's been there for a long time and honestly, I think it would take a lot to scare her away.

Usually, yes, plush is the norm. Good thing she isn't a normal boss.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
        X