This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your stupiditity knows no bounds

Yesterday we got rain. The weather forecast called for either rain or a winter mix and some snow showers. It was on the warm side, so we got all rain.

I am on my break whit a few other CWs. Idiot CW comes in.

ICW: I thought it was supposed to snow today.
    CW1: That's what they said, but i guess it was warmer that they thought.
    ICW: What do you mean by warmer?
    CW2: It has to be below freezing to snow. It was above freezing so it rained.
    ICW: What's freezing? I never heard of that.
    All of us: ........
    ICW: Maybe I will ask my Chemistry professor.
    M: You do that.

I really wish I could be around when a Junior asks their Chem Prof. why it doesn't snow when it is almost 40 F.

What an idiot! They're studying chemistry and doesn't even know that?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      What an idiot! They're studying chemistry and doesn't even know that?
      I'm hoping that is a required course, and not a major. I see bad thins happening if left alone in a lab.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
        I'm hoping that is a required course, and not a major. I see bad good things happening if they're left alone in a lab.
        ICW was a chemist.
        A chemist they are no more.
        For what they thought was H2O.
        Was H2SO4.

I'm remembering a picture someone posted of a chem lab polyethylene bottle containing a clear liquid clearly labeled as "Not Water".
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

They never heard of "freezing."

Excuse me, must wipe melted brains off keyboard now....
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Are they from Hawaii or someplace it never gets cold enough to freeze? Still.... that's like grade school level science class...didn't most of us learn that by the 4th grade? And even people living in the tropics have these things in their homes called FREEZERS where they turn water into ice. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they ask a COLLEGE professor about freezing.. the look on the prof's face would be priceless.

I somehow feel stupider just for having read this.

Comment

Quoth Moon View Post
              Are they from Hawaii or someplace it never gets cold enough to freeze? Still.... that's like grade school level science class...didn't most of us learn that by the 4th grade? And even people living in the tropics have these things in their homes called FREEZERS where they turn water into ice. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they ask a COLLEGE professor about freezing.. the look on the prof's face would be priceless.

I somehow feel stupider just for having read this.
              Have they never heard of ICE?
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                Have they never heard of ICE?
                They heard of it but the other village idiot took the recipe to his grave. :-)
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                  They heard of it but the other village idiot took the recipe to his grave. :-)
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

and the rain would come down... (You didn't know what rain was)...
                    "Oh! What is that?" Hunh! Run and hide, ya know, that kind of thing...
                    "Oh, that's all right, it's soft, feel it." "Oh yes, isn't that wonderful."

And then the hail storm would come down and fool them all...
                    Thwock!!!
                    "OH! Hey, that hurts! Hard water!"

/Cos
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post

And then the hail storm would come down and fool them all...
                      Thwock!!!
                      "OH! Hey, that hurts! Hard water!"

/Cos
                      Assuming they were smart enough to get out of the hail, or realize it hurts.

Comment

Any chance the person misheard or was hard of hearing? That's the first thing I thought. Just another sign that I'm sooooo ready for Spring.

And BTW, we've had snow that sticks even when it was above freezing. Never underestimate wind chill.
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

even hawaii has snow though... but you have to go to the big island mountain tops to see it

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                            And BTW, we've had snow that sticks even when it was above freezing. Never underestimate wind chill.
                            It's sooooo much fun chipping THAT stuff off your windshield, too. Oh god I am so sick of winter. Got at least 2 more months of absolute misery to go, @*$&@#&^%&^@^$.
                            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                            X