This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneaky Cops

Had the night off friday and had a call about 10 oclock that they have had a police underage test and failed it.....

Not happy to say the least so i went in early last night to find out exactly what happened and see the cctv.

the venue has 2 front doors around 15 meters apart and a back door thats open until 9pm, we have been saying for years that we cant cover the place and check everyone coming in with only 2 people on....which is the most they have been willing to pay for......so we compromised by having one on the main door at front and one on patrol inside...witht the understanding that bar staff ID everyone they suspect of being underage (challenge 25 sort of thing) as there is no guarentee they came in past doorstaff.

2 undercover cops come up and talk to the lad on the main door standing in front of him, as they are talking they move to one side still talking to him, the lad turns slightly to keep straight on to them but it puts both front doors over his shoulder and out of direct view....at this time 2 your lasses use the door furthest away from him and enters unchallenged, walks straight up to the bar, and by pot luck has the thickest bar staff serve them. They move off with there drinks one goes outside and calls to the 2 undercover cops distracting the doorman and then the crap hits the fan.

first time we have failed the test and now we are to only man the front doors and no one is inside....so im trying to get them to let me hire the 3rd doorstaff i have been asking for sinse i took over there....to which they are going to get back to me on.
    We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

How much is the bar going to be fined, and how many months of salary would that have paid for?

Comment

think its a 80 quid fine for the guy who served them and upto a daft figure like 20 grand for the venue, but i wouldent quote me on that, those are the figures i heard on the rumour mill when another local pub failed, but they fail often so may be so high due to that
      We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

It will be an £80 PND (Penalty Notice of Disorder).

Your DPS (Designated Premises Supervisor) is going to have a very uncomfortable conversation with the local constabulary Licencing Officer, from what I've heard it's never a fun thing...
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
        X