Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 10 greatest annoyances of all time.

This should create some fun and humor, so I'll start the list. Considering that I am a travelling salesman, I consider driving time as part of my work.

#10: People who drive 50 mph in the passing lane.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here, doing that would get you a ticket.

Comment

Plastic clamshell packaging --- hard to open without slicing yourself on sharp plastic edges
      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

People listening to mp3, playing handheld games, on cell phone, walkmans, etc ad nauseum while watching a show/movie/ sitting in the same room while you are having a conversation and then having the cojones to ask you what is going on for the umpteenth time.

People giving an essay answer to a simple answer.
        For instance "Whos not is it for dishes?" will get an answer explaining how so and so didnt do this or that or that 'I' did this so I shouldnt have to do that. I love my neices and nephews... but GRRRRRRR

Comment

SC - My computer is broken.
          ME - Okay, what is it doing?
          SC - Nothing.
          ME - What was done to cause this?
          SC - Nothing.

(Power off, power on. It works again.)

SC - It works! What did you do?
          ME - Nothing. Have a nice day.
          Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

#6 My neighbors. They have more ways of making noise than should be possible for human beings.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

5. Assumptions about a person just from looking at them. I know it can be hard not to do, but some of the nicest people could scare Grizzly Adams.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

#4: People who cut you off when you are driving
                I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

#3 co-workers that just walk around flapping their jaws instead of doing actual work, people that you're supposed to be more or less "in charge of" while the boss is on vacation, and you getting yelled at for it, even though you have only had this new position for a week and have no freaking clue how to do it yet

Comment

Quoth laborcat View Post
                    #3 co-workers that just walk around flapping their jaws instead of doing actual work, people that you're supposed to be more or less "in charge of" while the boss is on vacation, and you getting yelled at for it, even though you have only had this new position for a week and have no freaking clue how to do it yet
                    Co-workers who have no idea what they're doing more often than not, technically have seniority over you, and spend an hour or two of each shift standing around talking while letting you pick up the slack. And then run and report you to management for being 4 minutes late coming back from lunch.

DB is on the front end again. I'm really hoping this ends soon.

...and for two more personal annoyances for me. Another coworker who's a bit slow, has a really annoying and juvenile sense of humor (but thinks she's one of the most intelligent people in the building), and has a persecution complex... plus has some sort of weird lisp that makes her talk exactly like Homestar Runner. And then one of our regulars, who's a really outgoing, obnoxious woman who never stops talking. And she talks like Fran Drescher ("The Nanny") but with an extreme hick accent.
                    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

People who drive under my cruise speed of 55 MPH, but when I pull out to pass them, I wind up "into the limiter" (65 MPH) and not gaining. I drop behind them because I can't pass, and they're under 55 MPH again. Lather, rinse, repeat.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Having to listen to the same inane story a dozen times or more as a coworker finds different people to tell it to. Especially when it wasn't even funny the first time.
                        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                          Having to listen to the same inane story a dozen times or more as a coworker finds different people to tell it to. Especially when it wasn't even funny the first time.
                          This. OMG this. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Comment

Management who calls you off break or calls you to do something on your lunch. (you are NOT allowed to get on the voy call to tell him you are on break/lunch. you are required ask him to call you back..if he doesn't you are required to get up and try to find him. not that i ever do that. I just ignore the calls.
                            NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Working...
                            X