X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now I have a week off

Here are a few stories from the past week at work

It's Called a Job. Get One

Remember this lady? http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=74277 Well she was back, and she actually looked annoyed to see me.

M: Oh my God! Like, you're here...AGAIN!
    Me: Yes I am.
    M: Why do you like, always sit here on an evening?
    Me: It's my job.
    M: But like, don't you have a life or something?
    Me: Yes I do, at the weekend.
    M: Don't you, like, have anything better to do?
    Me: This is my job.
    M: No, I like think, like that you don't have anything better to do. That's why you sit here, like, everyday.

Oh my God. I dread to think what life is like in her household.

The Bell of Doom

I have mentioned before how much I hate the little silver bell on my desk. It is a complete idiot magnet.

A man walked up to my desk.

Me: Hi there, how can I he-
    DING! DING! DING!
    Man: You don't talk until I ring the bell. That's how it works.

I took the bell of the desk and threw it in a waste paper basket.

Man: Really? There was no need for that!

I will blame everyone except my child!

There was a pair of glasses left on my desk with a note next to them. The note said:

*Student* left glasses behind in my lesson. Mother coming to collect them. Beware: mother is very angry

The mother turned up.

Mo: Right, where are *students* glasses and where is her teacher? I want a word!

I checked the staff register. The teacher had left an hour ago.

Me: I'm afraid she has gone home, can I give a messa-
    Mo: Damn it! I want to know why my daughter left her glasses behind and why it has taken until now to get them back! Why didn't the teacher notice she wasn't wearing them when she left the classroom?
    Me: Well they were found, surely that's all the matters.
    Mo: It does not! She couldn't seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for the rest of the day!

She grabbed the glasses and stormed out.

Fear of Casual Friday

In the office, we have casual Friday. I was working in my regular clothes, but I can't stress enough, I was not scruffy. I was actually wearing some of my best regular clothes. A man walked in.

Man: Well, I was wondering if you could help me with something but now I'm not so sure!
    Me: Oh, OK, please tell me and I will see what I can do.
    Man: No, no, no! Just look at you! I refuse to be helped by someone who is not at least wearing a tie!

He walked out.

Happy Holiday!

The school is closed next week for half term. I had the duty of telling all the people in charge of evening classes that they will not be running next week. I went to a football instructor as they left.

FI: See you later.
    Me: See you. Remember, it's the holidays next week, so the school will be closed.
    FI: FUCK! SHIT! TITS! OH FUCK! I COMPLETELY FORGOT! BOLLOCKS!

I saw him standing outside with the other instructor for ten minutes, talking and looking completely outraged.

My Bad

I felt incredibly guilty after this story (although to be fair, it wasn't my fault)

A mother and son walked in. I recognised them from my classroom job. The son is an absolute nightmare. He is quite possibly the meanest child I have ever encountered, and the mother, of course, is convinced that he is a misunderstood angel.

M: Is *teacher still in? I would like a word with her, if you don't mind?
    Me: I will ring her office and find out.

Please don't pick up. Please don't pick up. Damn it!

T: Hello?
    Me: Hi, I have *students* mum here, she wants to know if she can see you.
    T: Damn it! I was just about to leave...crap....I really don't want to deal with her...does she know you are talking to me?
    Me: Yes.
    T: Is she standing next to you?
    Me: Yes.
    T: Crap. Then I have no choice. Send her in.

I let them through.

I don't know what happened, but she was in there for TWO HOURS. Poor teacher was just about to leave for the holiday, and the last thing she got was those two.

A Complaint to the "Manager"

A couple of days ago, I let the last evening class out. I had finished everything I needed to do, so in the space of 30 seconds of them leaving, I had put my coat on, turned all the lights off and locked up the school. As I left, most of the evening class were still gathered in the car park chatting. I walked past them, and wished them a good evening as I left.

The next day, my line manager came up to me, with a huge smile on her face.

LM: We had a "complaint" about you today.
    Me: Me? Why? What did I do?
    LM: Did you lock up the school while people were chatting in the car park?
    Me: Yeah.
    LM: They didn't like that. They complained saying that you were "making a show" of the fact that you had finished work.
    Me: All I did was lock the doors and say goodnight!
    LM: I don't doubt that. But they say that you should wait until everyone is out of sight before you leave.
    Me: Well, if they want to pay me the money to sit around while they have a conversation, then they can have that.
    LM: Exactly. Don't pay attention to it. I just thought it was funny.

FI: See you later.
    Me: See you. Remember, it's the holidays next week, so the school will be closed.
    FI: FUCK! SHIT! TITS! OH FUCK! I COMPLETELY FORGOT! BOLLOCKS!
    I have thought similar words when I have forgotten a holiday and promised a repair finished on a day where I have to be closed. He had probably planned something with his class and would have to call everyone to cancel.
    Mind you, I would not have vocalized my thoughts in public.

Comment

i beg to differ; there was an ABSOLUTE need for it.

glasses mommy needs a kick in her bollocks; teacher =/= babysitter.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Enjoy your time off. What a collection of idiots you had to deal with there!!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          Yes, there was. There really, really was.

Mo: Damn it! I want to know why my daughter left her glasses behind and why it has taken until now to get them back! Why didn't the teacher notice she wasn't wearing them when she left the classroom?
          Translation: I don't want to be inconvenienced to have to come here and collect the glasses . . . it is your job to monitor my child and make sure I don't have to go out of my way!

Man: No, no, no! Just look at you! I refuse to be helped by someone who is not at least wearing a tie!
          Must be a bitch putting gas in his car.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Fear of Casual Friday

In the office, we have casual Friday. I was working in my regular clothes, but I can't stress enough, I was not scruffy. I was actually wearing some of my best regular clothes. A man walked in.

Man: Well, I was wondering if you could help me with something but now I'm not so sure!
            Me: Oh, OK, please tell me and I will see what I can do.

He walked out.
            Well then they will not get any help from my companies tech support group. Possibly any tech support/it group depending on how far flung the stereotype is. Will not receive help from road crews or any lawn/garden care people. Also refusing to be helped by someone not wearing a tie? That rules out being helped by the vast majority of female employees since traditionally dresses do not include ties (some might wear them but why when you don't have to?). Hrm. so all in all they will only be helped by managers and ceo's....
            Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Here are a few stories from the past week at work

It's Called a Job. Get One

Remember this lady? http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=74277 Well she was back, and she actually looked annoyed to see me.

M: Oh my God! Like, you're here...AGAIN!
              Me: Yes I am.
              M: Why do you like, always sit here on an evening?
              Me: It's my job.
              M: But like, don't you have a life or something?
              Me: Yes I do, at the weekend.
              M: Don't you, like, have anything better to do?
              Me: This is my job.
              M: No, I like think, like that you don't have anything better to do. That's why you sit here, like, everyday.
              I seriously wonder what this woman's deal is. She has like, absolutely no concept of what a job entails. I guess she doesn't have one since she only showed up like once to the one she had because she had a life the other days?

Comment

CRML, you definitely don't disappoint!! I was wondering if there would be worthwhile stories after you left the bar, and I have to admit they are even BETTER!! I honestly can't believe some people - esp the parents - when people ask "what's wrong with today's youth?" I think that the finger has to be pointed directly at them!!!!
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Fuck you.

Man: You don't talk until I ring the bell. That's how it works.
                  Fuck you too.

Fuck you again.

Fuck you AND your daughter.

Fuck you and your tie.

The son is an absolute nightmare. He is quite possibly the meanest child I have ever encountered, and the mother, of course, is convinced that he is a misunderstood angel.
                  Fuck you and your precious fucking angel.

LM: I don't doubt that. But they say that you should wait until everyone is out of sight before you leave.
                  Fuck all of you.

LM: Exactly. Don't pay attention to it. I just thought it was funny.
                  I LOVE you!

Quoth Skeksin View Post
                  .Also refusing to be helped by someone not wearing a tie? That rules out being helped by...
                  Most bartenders.
                  Most servers.
                  Most toll both operators.
                  Most retail clerks.
                  Many hotel clerks.
                  Virtually all tow truck drivers.
                  Virtually all mechanics.
                  Many DMV personnel.
                  All lifeguards.
                  Most paramedics.
                  Many cops.
                  Virtually all firefighters.
                  All janitors.
                  Most maids.
                  Most animal control officers.
                  Most military personnel when on duty (not counting dress uniforms).
                  All plumbers (unless they're crazy).
                  Pretty much all electricians.
                  Pretty much all liquor store employees I've ever seen.
                  Most priests, many clergy.
                  All nuns.
                  The pope.
                  All gas station attendants.
                  Every boat captain I've ever met.
                  Every chef I've ever met.
                  Every cook I've ever met.

Yeah, the dude is pretty much screwed.

Unless, that is, he insists on his hookers wearing ties as well..............

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

So....

if that woman's daughter couldn't seeeeeeeeeeeee, how did she not notice her glasses not on her face the second she walked out of the class?
                    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Unless, that is, he insists on his hookers wearing ties as well..............
                      Most will, if you pay them enough.

Comment

My Bad

I felt incredibly guilty after this story (although to be fair, it wasn't my fault)

A mother and son walked in. I recognised them from my classroom job. The son is an absolute nightmare. He is quite possibly the meanest child I have ever encountered, and the mother, of course, is convinced that he is a misunderstood angel.

AHHHH I see you have Dudley Dursley for a student and Petunia Dursley for the Mother
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Skeksin View Post
                          Well then they will not get any help from my companies tech support group. Possibly any tech support/it group depending on how far flung the stereotype is. Will not receive help from road crews or any lawn/garden care people. Also refusing to be helped by someone not wearing a tie? That rules out being helped by the vast majority of female employees since traditionally dresses do not include ties (some might wear them but why when you don't have to?). Hrm. so all in all they will only be helped by managers and ceo's....
                          Pretty sure the tech support thing is universal. We know our stuff, we get things fixed, we don't like putting up with stupidity, and we dress very casual. T-shirt and jeans. No suits, ever.

Comment

@Kyree .. trying to figure out SC logic is like trying to paint a rose on a fart. Not only is it impossible, even if you DO manage it..what would be the point?
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                              So....

if that woman's daughter couldn't seeeeeeeeeeeee, how did she not notice her glasses not on her face the second she walked out of the class?
                              This. I could probably pass for legally BLIND without my glasses (can't even go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without 'em. And the big black E on the thingy at the eye doctor? Can't see it. At all.), so I really don't understand how people who wear glasses can lose them. Don't they realize their vision is fuzzy/gone completely? I had to update the Rx on my lenses recently and had to rely solely on my contacts for over a week. Talk about annoying.
                              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                              X