Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pharmacist with the personality of a brick...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we know why they aren't that busy.

Comment

Sounds like one of the pharmacists at the swamp. No personality, and seems to be complained about fairly frequently.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

oh man. Definitely do NOT go back there again. When I went to CVS the girl I had took forever and kept talking to her co worker about her stupid teeth while I was standing there waiting for her to tell me I was done. I was angry cuz I was sick as hell and I almost told her to hurry up but she was doing something for me, I didn't want to piss her off but she was unprofessional about it.

They should always, ALWAYS ask if you have any questions. What a jerk. He should not doing that if he refuses to explain the meds! That's dangerous. Even though they do give you a pamphlet that explains a bit BUT people have questions about the crap that goes down their throat! Tell his boss??

Comment

That he didn't offer to explain to you how to use an inhaler is disturbing. If you don't use them right, you won't get the benefit of the medication.

See if you can find another pharmacist to ask if you are new to inhalers.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

the rest of his actions, i could deal with (annoying, but i've had worse) but the lack of counseling on the drug's use? oh hell no...it's part of his damn job to let people know how to use, when to use and what not to mix it with. panacea has the right of it; find someone who actually cares if you know about using it right.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

A local supermarket is in a very low-income and shady area. It's also close to work, so I tend to use their pharmacy. I can't speak well of the supermarket, but hot dang their pharmacist rocks. He's this big, burly no-nonsense bear of a man, but is very patient and you can tell from his interaction that he cares deeply about his job and patients. I hope you find a much better pharmacist.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The CVS I use has seen so much of me that they'll make my prescription a priority is I plan on waiting on it. They always ask me if I have any questions about my meds and will patiently answer any questions I have about them.. Yeah, I would not go back to Zellers again if that's the way they work.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                  I won't be taking her word for anything anymore if this is any example. To me, his actions are anything but acceptable and I won't be going back. I told her the same thing.
                  There should be a state board who licences pharmacists. I would suggest you write them with a factual, non-emotional account of his antics. Someone needs to check up on this ass before he gets someone hurt.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

It would be a provincial board of some sort, since he's out on a rock in the Atlantic somewhere, but otherwise what you said is true. Report him to as many appropriate people as you can. His behavior is not acceptable for his job.

Comment

I had to go to the Wal-Mart pharmacy for antibiotics with my recent stint of a sinus infection.

Usually, I pay more to go to Walgreens because I like their pharmacists a lot better. If K-Mart had better hours, I'd go there to see my bf's dad because he is just the king of pharmacists.

Anyway, never again with this Wal-Mart's pharmacy. The guy was a fucking prick.

My benefits card is in my other purse, I didn't think to change purses or have it with me, my own fault, I know, but this guy just flew off the handle on me for not having it, and having to OH noooes call Anthem Blue Cross to ensure that they'd cover most of my fucking $4 antibiotics. Yeah, really tough hard dangerous drugs there, super expensive those $4 copay antibiotics are!!

In fact, after they were filled, he made a point to say "Next time, have your benefits card with you. I don't have time to call the insurance company for you."

I thought of making my own thread on this guy, but was afraid I'd just be told that it was my fault I didn't have my card. Really, I haven't needed it since I first got my BC pills back in January, and I wasn't really thinking of it when I'd been unable to even shower for 2 days while all I could do was sleep.

Edit to add: My benefits card is not my insurance card. After my first stint with Walgreens where they were a little irritated but called Anthem for me anyway, they told me that I needed a specific benefits card, and not my medical insurance card.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh, that sucks!

I work at a Walgreens, part of the time specifically in the pharmacy, and no matter HOW crazy busy they are, the pharmacists I work with will ALWAYS make sure people understand how to take their meds, go out of their way to double-check info with the doctors if they even suspect vaguely something *might* be off, answer any questions (whether they're from someone getting a prescription or just someone wondering what otc meds to give their sniffly kid)...

I do know I've had customers tell me they come to our store because of the service- which is great for us, but kinda bothers me to think of all the people who- due to being confused, very sick, shy, whatever- are going home from other places with incorrect or incomplete information that could negatively impact their health!

Sidenote:

... although I have noticed what might be a slightly higher percentage of ... emotion-based perceived slights, I suppose you could call them? in the pharmacy than in other parts of the store.

There was one patient who recently complained on our customer service survey that someone had "looked at him like he didn't belong in the drive through- my wife was in the van and she can't walk and that is why you have the drive thru or so I thought you don't know my situation don't judge me!!!!"... ... er... whaaa?? Believe it or not, we can barely even see much of most drive-through patients to begin with... was the sun in the tech's eyes? Were they actually looking at the computer monitor that is near the window at roughly eye-level? Were they just... looking at you because that is the polite way to interact with people? Who knows, but trust me, no one has the time nor inclination for "judgement of the patient's motivations" to be part of it.

Comment

my daughter has needed medication for about 13 years. we get it usually from the same pharmacist. he's pretty marvellous.
                          over the years while i was putting weight on (quite a lot) he was losing his hair. I used to joke that now im losing all that weight im expecting him to grow more hair :-)

every now and then i'd get daughters medication from other pharmacists. i went to one my mother liked to see.

the reason i decided never to visit him again? he was serving an elderly woman one afternoon and very very very loudly said to her "was this for vaginal use?"

there were quite a few other customers in the store and im sure we all heard him. the poor elderly lady replied to him in a much lower tone.

Comment

Working...
                          X